The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apogee Dual Path FX is not released and has no known release date
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear
Apogee Dual Path FX is not released and has no known release date

This is a public service announcement thread to let potential buyers of Apogee Ensembles and Elements know that although the Apogee Dual Path feature has been advertised with no qualifications (like coming soon - or - this Fall - etc)
this feature is still in Beta and is not released. There have been several published expected release dates on GS but all were missed. There is currently no expected (published or rumored) release date from Apogee.

I think the Dual Path design is amazing technical achievement and is a dominant reason why I re-bought an Apogee Ensemble a year ago! There is already a long thread with a handful of followers that the company mostly ignores. I am starting this thread to have a higher visibility location for users to converse and potential buyers to peruse.

History:
Technical preview announced Jan. 2018
Apogee Previews New DualPath FX Rack Plugins at NAMM Show
Expected release date: Spring 2018

On October 18th 2018 there was an initial release of the Plugins but no release of the Dual Path functionality. Full release was listed as "coming soon"

Feb 2019 - Beta 1 release of Dual Path - 44.1k only - I found this release very flawed - including noise blasts.

May 2019 - Beta 2 release of Dual Path - 44.1 and 96kHz. Useable for me (in very careful and limited fashion - yes one can generate uncontrolled output with this release) but not a release candidate (IMO). 2 weeks later Apple released 10.14.5. Beta 2 is not installable on the current Apple OS release.

At present - there is no release schedule for Beta 3 or Full release. There is also no user forum or compensation for Public Beta testers, no direct communication from or to the development team and no updates at all (verbal or SW) in between these Beta releases.

Ongoing GS release thread:
Apogee FX Rack - Limited Initial Release Now Available

Last edited by ProPower; 7th August 2019 at 02:22 AM..
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPower View Post
At present - there is no release schedule for Beta 3 or Full release.

Ongoing GS release thread:
Tagging @ ApogeeDigital
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Maniac

At what point in time does the original advertising become product misrepresentation?
Old 7th August 2019
Lives for gear
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/medi...th-advertising

I am much more interested in Communication though and have no interest in Litigation. I was a product design engineer for 25+ years - @#%^$ happens almost every time. But at the same time - continuing to advertise an unreleased product as released - being a year+ late - and then just going silent on what to expect next are behaviors I do not appreciate as a customer. It would be easy to re-engage and then continue to engage the user base. This is what I wish would happen.

Last edited by ProPower; 7th August 2019 at 02:37 AM..
Old 7th August 2019
Lives for gear

I think you have learned an important lesson that needs to be shared. Don't believe in or buy into a product for a future planned feature until the feature is already released. And even then, that does not mean it will live up to the original hype/promise or have other undesireable compromises or even flat out nasty bugs.

It can often a take a few times being BURNED before many understand and learn that lesson.
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Nut

When it gets released, will it [theoretically] appear as an update on iLok license manager?
Old 14th August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmusician View Post
When it gets released, will it [theoretically] appear as an update on iLok license manager?
Nothing on your iLok will change. You will just update your Apogee control software and existing plugins to enable the dual path option. The same licensing will apply to the dual path update. So witch ever of the 5 plugins that you own now you will still own after the update... nothing more, nothing less.
Old 14th August 2019
Lives for gear
Assuming there ever is an update :-)
Old 25th October 2019
Gear Nut

DualPath Update - Beta 3 release

To all in the GS community that have been waiting for the final DualPath release, bare with us for one more very stable beta version :-) We will be making DualPath Beta 3 available next week. So, if you are a registered Ensemble Thunderbolt or Element Series customer, look for an email on Tuesday, October 29th with download instructions and release notes. As always, your feedback is much appreciated. Please use the link in the email to let us know what your experience is.
We deeply appreciate your patience!

P.S. If you have provided DualPath beta feedback in the past, look for an additional email with a very special offer!

Team Apogee
Old 25th October 2019
Lives for gear
Very much appreciate this communication ^^^^^

There is another more comprehensive thread on the Dual FX and I think it right to leave a link here and ask the moderators to please close this thread:-)

Old 25th October 2019
Gear Head

Apogee Dual Path

I brought an Element thinking that dual path worked looking at the website at the fx rack plugins. nowhere do they say that it doesn't or that if on Mojavi you have to roll back to 10.14.4 in fact I downloaded the software and couldn't find the fx button in the element mixer so I spent more time than I should have playing with this only to find out that there is a beta out. too me this is a form of lying I shouldn't have to rely on gearslutz for info it should be on the website these plugins work natively but dual path has issues but instead nothing is mentioned it says:
Run natively in your favorite DAW on your Mac, no Apogee hardware required
Runs on Apogee hardware DSP in Element Series and Ensemble Thunderbolt audio

the first statement is true and the second misleading, it needs to tell the whole story
( runs on element and ensemble hardware dsp but the driver we have on the website won't work but we do have a beta that works but you need to get it from tech support. also if you are on Mojavi 10.14.5 or newer it won't work)
Old 26th October 2019
Lives for gear
Exactly! ^^^^^^^^
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Maniac

I just purchased an element. I have to select to install the element installer and apogee control 3.0 plus Apogee FX Rack 1.0 with dualpath functionality or just the element installer with Apogee control.

If the dualPath stuff isn’t solid, I’ll skip it. Is it ironed out?
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear
Dual Path has been officially released and IME has resolved the earlier Beta issues. I think the Dual Path is Brilliant now and is one of the best features in the Element/Ensemble line.
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Dual Path has been officially released and IME has resolved the earlier Beta issues. I think the Dual Path is Brilliant now and is one of the best features in the Element/Ensemble line.
+1.
Old 19th January 2020
Can someone explain what dual path fx means and why it's such a benefit? Curious
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
Can someone explain what dual path fx means and why it's such a benefit? Curious
It means that you can use in the Apogee Control FX rack with zero latency or in your DAW as a FX plugin on a Track or an aux.
Old 19th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
It means that you can use in the Apogee Control FX rack with zero latency or in your DAW as a FX plugin on a Track or an aux.
Thanks
Old 19th January 2020
Lives for gear
In Logic it is so good - I use Logic even though it is not my favorite DAW!

For tracking, Hit one button in the mixer (the DIRECT button)
- then use only Apogee FX in that channel
- Hit REC and you have 0.3ms RTL at 96kHz (zero CPU load)
- Hit Play and the channel switches automatically to Native mode

No second mixer, no separate tracking FX. Works with no CPU load at any buffer. For tracking live instruments and vocals I know of nothing that matches this :-)...
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
In Logic it is so good - I use Logic even though it is not my favorite DAW!
For tracking, Hit one button in the mixer (the DIRECT button)
- then use only Apogee FX in that channel
- Hit REC and you have 0.3ms RTL at 96kHz (zero CPU load)
- Hit Play and the channel switches automatically to Native mode
No second mixer, no separate tracking FX. Works with no CPU load at any buffer. For tracking live instruments and vocals I know of nothing that matches this :-)...
So does Logic record the FX rack sound with the vocal track, for instance? In other words, it’s “printed” as you hear it?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search