The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Frequency Specific Effects
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Frequency Specific Effects

I was reading some article where a big name engineer was explaining how awesome bx_saturator is, cuz of how you can just saturate specific frequencies. Can't this be done with any effect by just using a HPF n LPF, before it in the chain, to narrow in the freq area you want?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Only if you use it in parallel and then blend it it with the original.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What i’ve found is that using pre- and de-emphasis EQ works much better than using crossovers for saturation/distortion. Even basic tilt filters works fine, and no problems with phase, and with a complex EQ you can get very specific results.

I use parameters linking in Reaper to do this “automatically”: when i move one band up before saturation, the same freq and Q band goes down on EQ after saturation.

Some saturation devices has tilt built in, like tube drive module in U-He Zebrify .
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You can use Bluecataudio's MB7 Mixer and use any effect/saturation you want. Think of it as a Waves C6 but instead of a compressor per band you are able to add any plugin you want.

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_MB7Mixer/

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search