The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
No libraries in Kontakt player 6
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

No libraries in Kontakt player 6

Apologies if this is a basic questions, but I couldn't find a thread with this problem, so here goes. Also, I tried posting it in the NI support forum, but that place is basically dead.

I just installed Kontakt 6 Player and tried installing one of the free libraries before going on with a third party library I have. But I can't see the installed libaries in Kontakt. In Native access it says everything's fine, but in Kontakt they're nowhere to be found - not even under "options" -> "Libraries.

I should say that I install all content on a seperate drive, and everything else is on the system drive - all internal, though.

I tried deleting all files in the "Service Center" folder, as that worked for someone with the same problems, but it didn't for me.

Any advice??
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What libraries?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzter View Post
Apologies if this is a basic questions, but I couldn't find a thread with this problem, so here goes. Also, I tried posting it in the NI support forum, but that place is basically dead.

I just installed Kontakt 6 Player and tried installing one of the free libraries before going on with a third party library I have. But I can't see the installed libaries in Kontakt. In Native access it says everything's fine, but in Kontakt they're nowhere to be found - not even under "options" -> "Libraries.

I should say that I install all content on a seperate drive, and everything else is on the system drive - all internal, though.

I tried deleting all files in the "Service Center" folder, as that worked for someone with the same problems, but it didn't for me.

Any advice??
i only have K5 here .. hope it is the same .. open Kontakt in STANDALONE MODE and select Add Libraries .. can you do this ??? if yes, move to next step and locate your Library(s) for Kontakt ..

if not, let find out why !!! will need more info at this point .. PC or MAC,
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
What libraries?
I started with some of the free ones under "Not Installed" in Native Access. One of them was Mikro Prism.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
i only have K5 here .. hope it is the same .. open Kontakt in STANDALONE MODE and select Add Libraries .. can you do this ??? if yes, move to next step and locate your Library(s) for Kontakt ..

if not, let find out why !!! will need more info at this point .. PC or MAC,
When opening Kontakt Player 6 I simply get nothing. No libraries to browse through, and when going into "options" and "Manage Libraries" there are no libraries to manage.

Checking things in Native Access just shows that everything should be installed correctly.

And yes, of course itd be easier with a bit od system info:

Intel Core i5, 3.40 GHz, 8GB RAM
Windows 7
Interface: Audient ID14
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
When opening Kontakt Player 6 I simply get nothing. No libraries to browse through, and when going into "options" and "Manage Libraries" there are no libraries to manage.

Checking things in Native Access just shows that everything should be installed correctly.

And yes, of course itd be easier with a bit od system info:

Intel Core i5, 3.40 GHz, 8GB RAM
Windows 7
Interface: Audient ID14
hmmm ... maybe Player does not allow some of these things i am thinking of .. but you should be able to Add Libraries ..

hopefully someone that has K6 player can chime in for you ..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I started with some of the free ones under "Not Installed" in Native Access. One of them was Mikro Prism.
Mikro Prism isn't a Kontakt library, it's a Reaktor instrument
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
Mikro Prism isn't a Kontakt library, it's a Reaktor instrument
are you serious! That would explain everything! So it was kind of a dumb question

But they really should label that more clearly. So I guess there are no free libraries with Kontakt Player? I'll then jump right into the third party library I have. Hope it works. Thanks for the clear-up
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

https://beatmodo.com/free-kontakt-libraries/

around 28 libraries, and I know there are more out there.

Also, the Reaktor player is well worth having, and finding
the reaktor user library of instruments and effects is
pretty easy, lot's of youtubes for when an instrument requires
some obscure button to be pushed for the sound to ignite.

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...-user-library/

This library has several useful search options.
Cheers
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

But they really should label that more clearly.
Cant be any clearer
https://www.native-instruments.com/e...s/mikro-prism/
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guildorf View Post
https://beatmodo.com/free-kontakt-libraries/

around 28 libraries, and I know there are more out there.
But don't these all time out after 15 mins in Player?

NB: I see something called "factory selection" in my Native Access described as lighter version Kontakt Player instruments.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

That's quite likely. The other Native Instruments demo
for 30 minutes. Reloading until a few paydays have stacked up
some cash, isn't all that painful, a pretty generous demo.
Cheers
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search