The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
2012 i7 mac mini 16gb opinions
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
2012 i7 mac mini 16gb opinions

Im not doing anything crazy as far as track counts and vi’s. Just singer songwriter stuff Some superior drummer. Im using a 2009 imac core 2 duo on its last legs.

I found a 2012 mac mini i7 with 16gb of ram it will run my os 10.8.5 with protools 10 and keep all my old crap going a few more years. It’s about $350 from a reputable mac resale guy ive bought from before. Good dude who dont sell junk and takes care of ya.

I also own logic i could go with the new mini i found one with 32gb ram for $800 but that’s more than i want to spend and alot of old software would be gone or i would have to spend hundreds upgrading.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer81 View Post
I also own logic i could go with the new mini i found one with 32gb ram for $800 but that’s more than i want to spend and alot of old software would be gone or i would have to spend hundreds upgrading.
Where on Earth did you find a 2018 Mac Mini with 32GB RAM for $800? That’s virtually the price of the 32GB RAM option direct from Apple
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
locally and upgraded by the guy probably with aftermarket ram
Old 4 weeks ago
Precisely I just bought a mac mini 2012 with the specs you described, in my opinion it is a more than capable machine, my situation was similar to yours if bought something newer I had to upgrade software and spend more money and I did not see the need for that since my software does exactly what I need. I got the mac mini because I had a macbook pro with similar specs that pretty much died on me. I believe it is all about your needs but power wise the mac mini 2012 is many times better than your current set up for sure.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search