Originally Posted by daskeladden View Post
see attachment:
Thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
see attachment:
thanks just checked and they are set to maximum..

on my graphics card here are the settings..
GRAPHICS PROFILE---BALANCED
VIDEO PROFILE-DEFAULT

RADEON SOFTWARE--16.2.1
RADEON SOFTWARE EDITION --CRIMSON

---
one thing I have noticed is none of my flash is working in my browser..it comes up with that jigsaw icon..when I click on it it gives me no option too permantley use it I can only use it on the page im looking at ,once I change to another site or close my computer down I need too do it all over again.
ive tried installing newest adobe flash software but it says cant install because already installed in my windows browser..but I use windows browser and that wont let me use flash playr.
Old 3 weeks ago
Man. So just jumping in real quick on my break (will review thread later), but damn is my system F'd up. The audio started going crazy a couple days ago. By that I mean, during different phases of my attempts at troubleshooting the last few nights, my audio either didn't work, sounded chewed up with static like a major sampling error, or was way out of sync with video. Never seen anything like it.

I was connected via JRiver to RME Babyface and then to a Crane Song Solaris via optical. I have since uninstalled the JRiver and RME audio drivers. I thought I'd try to simplify the issue connecting direct to the Solaris USB. When I installed the CEntrance driver, it removes the automatically installed Windows Solaris driver and I'm left with nothing. Then I'll uninstall it and the direct sound works but I'm left without ASIO support.

WTF is going on?!?!? This has been a horrible HORRRRRRRIBLE waste of time. !$#$ I bet you all know exactly what I mean. So disappointing. Not even sure what to do next. Hopefully I'll find a clue somewhere in this thread.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I am still totally satisfied with the older system I rolled back to . Rocksolid ! out of short term boredom I tried to overclock my CPU for the first time . Unfortunately I did not win the lottery . Very hard to get my 6700k prime stable even at 4.4. But this is another can of worms ( it should long be stable trusting other stresstesters ). Next time I have no ideas to do something productive I will restore my 1903 and send a glitchtrace . I think my decision to keep my working system offline and not getting fixed what was not broken was right for me
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Hello there people! First post in GearSlutz for me. Was about to make a new thread but I used the search function and found this very thread. Thanks search function!

My problem is related to 1903 as well. After this update (brand new W10 install on a brand new CPU i5 9400f and mobo ASUS Prime H370-Plus) audio crackles like it distorts or spikes, be it at ASIO-supported apps or Windows like youtube or WinAmp. It happens after a whole 20-30 seconds of flawless playing. And it gives me around 1000 nanoseconds of latency (yellow threshold) while (wait for it...) it works PERFECT in any scenario on my other W7 x64 SP1 partition. 100 nanoseconds or less.

So please, don't tell us this is not Windows 10-related because it is. Plain and simple. Thanks dual-boot!

Sarcasm aside, is there any thing that can be tried with this scenario?
Thanks!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slit View Post
don't tell us this is not Windows 10-related because it is. Plain and simple. Thanks dual-boot!

Sarcasm aside, is there any thing that can be tried with this scenario?
Thanks!
Did you not find anything in this thread that worked?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosho View Post
I am still totally satisfied with the older system I rolled back to . Rocksolid ! out of short term boredom I tried to overclock my CPU for the first time . Unfortunately I did not win the lottery . Very hard to get my 6700k prime stable even at 4.4. But this is another can of worms ( it should long be stable trusting other stresstesters ). Next time I have no ideas to do something productive I will restore my 1903 and send a glitchtrace . I think my decision to keep my working system offline and not getting fixed what was not broken was right for me
Have you tried to go down on the MHz? It makes my system stabil on 4.4 with same CPU.
Keep your XMP profile like this:

Then turn down the MHz like this:
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Did you not find anything in this thread that worked?
Nothing as of yet. My specs:

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI
ASUS Prime H370-Plus with 2 PCI slots
Intel i5 9400f (turbo always on at 4.0GHz)
16GB HyperX 2666MHz single DIMM with XM profile loaded

Soundcard is nearly 20 years old, but as I said before it works perfectly in Windows 7 x64 with the same hardware and the same driver. Drivers aren't compatible with W10 as M-Audio stopped support 8 years ago, but these worked as well with the previous build to 1809 (1803?)

My guess would be the PCI-to-PCIe bridge chipset, but I can't understand why it simply works on the other partition with Windows 7.

Thanks for your reply though!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slit View Post
Nothing as of yet. My specs:

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI
ASUS Prime H370-Plus with 2 PCI slots
Intel i5 9400f (turbo always on at 4.0GHz)
16GB HyperX 2666MHz single DIMM with XM profile loaded

Soundcard is nearly 20 years old, but as I said before it works perfectly in Windows 7 x64 with the same hardware and the same driver. Drivers aren't compatible with W10 as M-Audio stopped support 8 years ago, but these worked as well with the previous build to 1809 (1803?)

My guess would be the PCI-to-PCIe bridge chipset, but I can't understand why it simply works on the other partition with Windows 7.

Thanks for your reply though!
I don't see what's confusing. You're using drivers that were as far as I understand created for Window 7, not Windows 10. Just because they happened to work on an earlier version of 10 doesn't mean they'll work on it forever.

I agree though that perhaps it's a PCI to PCIe issue.

What have you tried as far as troubleshooting goes?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
I don't see what's confusing. You're using drivers that were as far as I understand created for Window 7, not Windows 10. Just because they happened to work on an earlier version of 10 doesn't mean they'll work on it forever.

I agree though that perhaps it's a PCI to PCIe issue.

What have you tried as far as troubleshooting goes?

I did try to change the PCI slot. I did try to downgrade the driver through extraction and forcing "Have disk..." I did try to lock the KHz at 44.1, 48 and 96 (this making no sound at all). I did try to downgrade the graphics card driver to the WHQL Win10 installed by default at start. I tried to make the device exclusive and leaving it non-exclusive through the audio devices control panel. I tried to remove the M-Audio control panel but this left me without native ASIO support.

As far as chipset drivers between Windows 7 and Windows 10, yeah, you have a point. But since I just swapped the motherboard and left the Windows 7 OS installed (no format) while formatting and fresh-installing W10 1903 in SSD, drivers were inherited and/or hand-picked by Windows 7. And they perform nicely, hence my confusion. EDIT: I'm referring to the motherboard drivers incl. PCI bridge, not audiocard!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Have you tried to go down on the MHz? It makes my system stabil on 4.4 with same CPU.
Keep your XMP profile like this:

Then turn down the MHz like this:
interesting , thank you ! I am an absolute newbie with this : Seems to be stable now after 2 1/2 h of prime95 1344k . I bumped up the CPU cooler and the vcore to about 1.345 at 4400. This will be the limit for now but I will try ehat you suggested, thanks
EDIT I really tortured the CPU , now I will torture it in Cubase . In Prime it is stable now at 4,4 . Thanks again
Oh and today I was disabling internet on my ZBook 2,1809 . Quite a big difference to 1903 with internet enabled latencymon wise . On that one Linux Mint works for mail checking , web .

EDIT 2 oh I jut ran some of the same stress tests on my HP ZBook 2
The realbench ( relying on that I could get my desktop at 4.6) got it cooking hot , if I would run the same Prime 95 tests on it it would probably melt ;-) It reached 99/100 degrees C in realbench . It ís second hand , maybe the heatsink was not properly mounted or the grease has vapourized

Last edited by sosho; 3 weeks ago at 06:09 PM.. Reason: update
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfaction2009 View Post
Man. So just jumping in real quick on my break (will review thread later), but damn is my system F'd up. The audio started going crazy a couple days ago. By that I mean, during different phases of my attempts at troubleshooting the last few nights, my audio either didn't work, sounded chewed up with static like a major sampling error, or was way out of sync with video. Never seen anything like it.

I was connected via JRiver to RME Babyface and then to a Crane Song Solaris via optical. I have since uninstalled the JRiver and RME audio drivers. I thought I'd try to simplify the issue connecting direct to the Solaris USB. When I installed the CEntrance driver, it removes the automatically installed Windows Solaris driver and I'm left with nothing. Then I'll uninstall it and the direct sound works but I'm left without ASIO support.

WTF is going on?!?!? This has been a horrible HORRRRRRRIBLE waste of time. !$#$ I bet you all know exactly what I mean. So disappointing. Not even sure what to do next. Hopefully I'll find a clue somewhere in this thread.
Are you on Win 10 1903? can you also post your system specs?

Is it all audio; from windows playback and any DAW's using ASIO drivers?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
no, the ntoskrnl.exe spikes is fixed and that is what this thread is about. The problem EvilDragon have seems to be more of an individual latency issue.
I have suggested trying a repair of Windows while keeping all the apps. But he would not try that cause it took too much time. It takes maximum 30 min to do this, and that repair would pretty much confirm if it's a general Windows 1903 issue. Also it seems like he only have this issue with only one library, because he can not recreate it with a library I have (and I have a lot).
The NT Kernel is still spiking, I'm on the mid August update and still see it shoot up to 500uS or so in latency mon, along with random pops and clicks.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Marlow View Post
The NT Kernel is still spiking, I'm on the mid August update and still see it shoot up to 500uS or so in latency mon, along with random pops and clicks.
How much did it spike before the fix?
How low was you latency on earlier versions of Windows?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
How much did it spike before the fix?
How low was you latency on earlier versions of Windows?
Unfortunately as this is a brand new system I don't have a frame of reference. Supposedly the update that just came out is addressing some audio issues..m
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Unfortunately as this is a brand new system I don't have a frame of reference. Supposedly the update that just came out is addressing some audio issues..m
probably more of a driver issue than Windows
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Make sure to tweak Windows 10
https://coderbag.com/product/quickcpu
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html
And check the spikes with https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictus View Post
I have done all of these things and then some, I have not been experiencing any audio dropouts in my DAW. I manually pushed the latest Sept 26th update and it seems to have helped the various non ASIO drop outs I was experiencing.

I have done these tweaks and many many more!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search