The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Have Any Plugins Blown You Away Recently?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Massive X.

Well, the sound anyway...stereo field is huge and spacious, effects are a step up from what we're used to having included in a software synth IMO, great-sounding oscillators and filters. I admit the only thing I've used my Virus for since MX landed is a controller keyboard (though I fully expect I'll be using the TI again once the new-toy obsession with MX wanes a bit).

Hopefully by the end of the year, we'll see the less-developed areas of MX being fleshed out as well as multiple good sound libraries becoming available.

Thanks for the reminder about Kush REDDI a few posts back, btw...had meant to check that out and forgot. I had the hardware version years ago, but if the plugin is convincing, it would be more convenient in some ways.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionaudio View Post
Scheps Omni Channel! That thing is amazing
Didn't paid attention to Omni Channel before and saw your r commendation here. Head to waves
It's on sale . $89 with free Scheps 73 and parallel particle.
Bought it and so far really like the features and flexibility !
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by loji View Post
Equilibrium can do this ... so can the GML EQ
And Digital V3 eq section.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

MGranularMB has way more to it than I thought--one can go many directions soundwise with it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I am blown away about Plugin Alliance's Purple Audio MC77 and Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Nebula Acqua stuff (finally took the plunge). and Melda stuff.
Old 2 weeks ago
Deleted f944e7a
Leapwing Audio (all of them), bx_oberhausen, massive x (well, maybe v1.1 will), Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven! And still impressed on Rcomp, C6, some fabfilter, pa, uad and izotope stuff every time I use them. One can be excited by plugins that are around for many years.. I am :-)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Got to give a shout out to IK Multimedia Tape plugins. These are truly magnificent!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Fuse labs vcl-864U. It emulates a tube limiter but does great duty as a compressor and general vibe improver!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Got to give a shout out to IK Multimedia Tape plugins. These are truly magnificent!
They are sweet sounding certainly.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by numero6 View Post
Kush REDDI: I bought on sale recently. Super impressed by this plugin especially being a bassplayer myself. Slap it on on boring DI recorded bass track and you make the bass sound like if it is played through an all tube Ampeg SVT II Pro.

It also does miracles to add a touch of je-ne-sais-quoi on vocals.
Finally got around to demoing it and bought it shortly after. Your observations are pretty much what I found myself thinking when using it on bass and vocals as well. It's interesting that, when I first dropped it onto a bass channel, the effect almost seemed subtle. But in the context of the mix, the extra articulation it brought to a busy bass line was very noticeable and the parts where I was digging in more just gained an extra measure of aggressiveness. That's exactly what I wanted - I'm not big on really obvious fuzzy distortion on a bass track, I just wanted a little extra "mojo" and this can do that. Good stuff.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

UAD Ocean Way Studios. The most mind blowing room effect I've ever used. It takes time to grow on you, but when it does, it's the Savoy Truffle of rooms.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I've just bought TDR Nova GE - it's fantastic but not revolutionary if you have ProQ 3 or similar. I am using it a lot on a current mix project.

I bought the Treble and Bass distortion library by Tim Petherick for Nebula last night. Sounds pretty authentic so far if inflexible and a one trick pony. Tim P is my favourite plugin sound developer by a mile. And his stuff costs next to nothing (once you've bought Nebula).

Tony
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Soothe! Always to the rescue when things get harsh!
Old 2 weeks ago
Deleted f944e7a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint Brouhaha View Post
UAD Ocean Way Studios. The most mind blowing room effect I've ever used. It takes time to grow on you, but when it does, it's the Savoy Truffle of rooms.
At the cost of a massive cpu hit no?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

TimP's Silk EQ and Opto32 comp (Nebula), Magpha EQ and Kush AR-1.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambony View Post
I've just bought TDR Nova GE - it's fantastic but not revolutionary if you have ProQ 3 or similar. I am using it a lot on a current mix project.
Have you noticed if the GE version uses more CPU power than the free version when you're using its unique features?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael B View Post
Have you noticed if the GE version uses more CPU power than the free version when you're using its unique features?
Yes but I'm big on freezing tracks and stems as I use a lot of Acustica Audio stuff that's heavy on computer resources. It slows you down but gives you thinking time and reduces ear fatigue! If you want to mix quickly there's algo stuff that requires no freezing that still sounds great.

Tony
Old 2 weeks ago
Omnichannel
Leapwing Dynone
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Zynaptiq Intensity, FabFilter Pro-Q3, Wavesfactory Spectre and SoundTheory Gullfoss
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Mato View Post
TimP's Silk EQ [...] (Nebula), Magpha EQ [...].
+2 on the Silk and Mag, flipping wicked plugs.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search