The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Have Any Plugins Blown You Away Recently?
Old 5th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy78 View Post
I recently tried out the Goodhertz WOW Control and I had to go and buy it right away. I make a lot of psychedelic music and this thing adds so much "vibe" to anything you put it on. It can add subtle movement or extreme modulation depending on how you set it. It's great for adding a bit of saturation and colour too and it also has very useful automation controls. Instant favourite!

Have you tried any plugins recently that blew you away?
I purchased the Black Box Analog Design HG-2 plugin and am super impressed with its sound. I find it usable on everything and sounds like real tubes. It can also be used as a last mix or master ingredient that just makes everything sound cohesive and put-together. It really warms up stuff.

I also bought a sealed Windows XP SP3 CD and installed it on an old Vista computer I was given, and installed the SSL LMC-1 plugin. I really wish I could use it on my Windows 10 PC, because it's such an aggressive but fun plugin to use.

Peace!
Old 5th June 2019
Gear Maniac

I’m going to have to throw MTM’s new bassroom plugin into the mix here. It’s the most useful plugin I’ve tried in quite a while. Very impressive.

Last edited by marcpl; 7th June 2019 at 11:58 AM..
Old 5th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Reigns View Post
I purchased the Black Box Analog Design HG-2 plugin and am super impressed with its sound. I find it usable on everything and sounds like real tubes. It can also be used as a last mix or master ingredient that just makes everything sound cohesive and put-together. It really warms up stuff.

I also bought a sealed Windows XP SP3 CD and installed it on an old Vista computer I was given, and installed the SSL LMC-1 plugin. I really wish I could use it on my Windows 10 PC, because it's such an aggressive but fun plugin to use.

Peace!
Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but HOFA has a emulation of the LMC-1 included in their Hofa System as a free Module.

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/hofa-system/basic/
Old 7th June 2019
Here for the gear

Picked up the Sonimus Burnley 73 recently & I'm pretty impressed. Easy to use, versatile, saturation is subtle & very usable, adds some serious vibe.

Used it on a Hammond Organ part a few days ago & was almost shocked at how much it opened up the sound.
Old 7th June 2019
Lives for gear

Vulf
Old 7th June 2019
Gear Addict
Finally got round to buying Eventide's H3000 in their recent sale - must say I love this oldie but goodie - done a few mixes in the past by using up 14 day demos of the UAD version. Bought the native one coz it was cheap!
Old 7th June 2019
Lives for gear
I just got the DDMF MagicDeathEye, and it's been blowing me away recently. To me it seems to do something a little different than other compressors. I can't exactly describe it, but everything I put through it sounds better.

I also got some Sonimus plugins recently, and they are all superb. Burnley EQ, Tuco Compressor, and Satson channel strip are all top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy78 View Post
I recently tried out the Goodhertz WOW Control and I had to go and buy it right away. I make a lot of psychedelic music and this thing adds so much "vibe" to anything you put it on. It can add subtle movement or extreme modulation depending on how you set it. It's great for adding a bit of saturation and colour too and it also has very useful automation controls. Instant favourite!

Have you tried any plugins recently that blew you away?
Old 9th June 2019
Lives for gear

I didn't think I needed a new delay plug in in my life but the hew Valhalla Delay plug has really impressed me, with the overall sound, different types of delay and the user interface with some very cool controls for 2 delay parts. It very much reminds me of what is very cool about some guitar delay pedals like the Strymon timeline, EHX canyon, TC Flashback etc..
Old 9th June 2019
Lives for gear

UAD Curvebender-when I want things to open up more/ detail

UAD Distressor, 1176's, La2a's, Fairchild, 33609, Manley Vari Mu, Pultecs & GML eq.
(I use a lot of hardware and after recording the tracks back into my daw, these are used a lot!!)

Soothe-smoothing of any and everything

Fabfilter Pro L and Pro Q-Best limiter and surgical eq I've used.
Old 9th June 2019
The newish UAD V76 Mic Pre is damm nice. Lovely warm analog tube flavor. Actually have it strapped across my mix bus for a track I’m mixing right now and it adds some really nice tone and size to the track.

Very impressed with it.
Old 12th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMGOD_OFFICIAL View Post
You should demo it.... Or rather skip the demo and just buy it. It really is that good.
Indeed, lost hours already tweaking the delay and playing some dull rompler sounds. The ghost mode and other modes are really great.

And if you need a dub delay, this is the thing Scientist would use today imo
Old 25th June 2019
Gear Nut
Rooms: dearVR PRO (MUSIC version good, too) simply amazing at creating space for instruments in a mix. From orchestral to rock, it just works finding a place for a sound.

Dynamics: Lindell 354E multi-band compressor. If you like Neve at all, you'll want to demo. One of the most analog sounding out there, very special.
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear

Softube Weiss DS1-MK3. Didn't demo it when it came out because I felt I had what I needed in that department already, with countless software compressors and limiters and some great hardware comps as well. But then I was (as happens) browsing some software sales pages this morning and ended up downloading the demo, and then the rest of the day was pretty much ruined. It's now getting late and I'm still running mixes in various states of readiness and disrepair through it, and haven't gotten much else done at all. I pretty much knew that I would have to buy it after 10 minutes playing around with a couple of the presets. What surprised me a bit, given the comments about how neutral sounding it's supposed to be, is that it really does have a sound. And I love that sound, and it's of course something you recognise rather quickly having heard it year in and year out on God knows how many tracks. So... fantastic piece of kit. Loving it and feeling like an idiot of not demoing it earlier. It's not cheap for a plugin, but it's cheap in terms of what it actually brings to the table. I've paid much more for less, many a time.

Another one would be Acustica Ruby 2. Sounds amazing and is therefore worth the 235 bucks they charge for it. Made me go wooow wooow wooow the first couple of times I used it, and now I'm just really happy to have it. Puts a smile on my face every time.
Old 26th June 2019
Here for the gear

Valhalla Delay almost made me cry. Guitar, distortion, various delays. Some warm, thick sounds, man.

Here is the first thing I played on it: https://soundcloud.com/fritz-e-18766...h-cropped-clip

(excuse the flaws--was just testing it out, figuring out length of tails at the time)
Old 26th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loji View Post
Equilibrium can do this ... so can the GML EQ
As does even the stock pro tools eq3

Still pro-Q 3 is a great eq and use it here a lot.
Old 27th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I’m going to have to throw MTM’s new Bassroom plugin into the mix here. It’s the most useful plugin I’ve tried in quite a while. Very impressive.
I just demoed this, and it is mighty impressive. I think I'm going to have to get it. Like most people, I always struggle getting a tight low end with no boom. This suggests very subtle adjustments (based on a reference track), but they make a massive difference.
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Using this a lot recently.

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

ValhallaDelay

Eventide Instant Phaser / Flanger v2

Eventide SP2016 v2

IK Multimedia Tapes
Old 4 weeks ago
UAD Capitol Chambers, I know this is basically IR in a fancy GUI, but what an excellent IR
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
AITB Grm eq for Nebula. I just used it on album mastering and was blown away..
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjanopan View Post
UAD Capitol Chambers, I know this is basically IR in a fancy GUI, but what an excellent IR
It's spectacular.
Old 4 weeks ago
Kush AR-1 and UBK-1. Blown away by both.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Valhalla Delay was an instant love for me. While I love Replika XT too, I find Valhalla Delay easier to dial in, much better on the CPU and it actually has a bit more character in tape mode too.

Another great one would be Relab's new Sonsig Rev-A reverb which is sublime.

Also a fan of Massive X although I know that not everyone may agree with me there.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Two really stand out. Soundtheory's Gulfoss and one of the latest PA tools released in it's 3rd version, a DSM v3!

Two amazing tools! Really amazing!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

The Arturia Compressors and the IK Tapes. I think I am all set for awhile!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Plugins that have really impressed me :-

LiquidSonics Reverbs
PSP E27 and 2445
ToneBoosters EQ4
Acon Restoration Suite
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
Using this a lot recently.

I have the deluxe version. The one with one more option in the lower knon [goodest] and a tuggle button which tuggles between "yea, make it sound REALLY good" and "make it BEST".

BTT:
Your magic begins and ends with your ears.
90% of current tools [paid AND free] can get the job done.
Old 4 weeks ago
Deleted 5edf3fa
There are good plugins, there are great, there are even awesome plugins but the one and only that truly blew me away, is Abbey Road Studio 3. Holy $hit, this is like million dollar worth of construction/equipment over your ears.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Kush REDDI: I bought on sale recently. Super impressed by this plugin especially being a bassplayer myself. Slap it on on boring DI recorded bass track and you make the bass sound like if it is played through an all tube Ampeg SVT II Pro.

It also does miracles to add a touch of je-ne-sais-quoi on vocals.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLov3r View Post
I have the deluxe version. The one with one more option in the lower knob [goodest] and a tuggle button which tuggles between "yea, make it sound REALLY good" and "make it BEST".
I was going to go for the Deluxe version, but it was $4 more expensive than the standard version so I passed on it.

Anyway I've heard 'goodest' is around 18% better than 'gooder', which is probably too good for the kind of music I make.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search