The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ryzen 3000 series
Old 26th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
IIRC wasn't there a time when only Intel chips had the right type of "maths" for audio?
Are those days long gone?
Not as much the wrong maths but rather a smaller lvl3 cache where the floating point calculations really kick off. AMD stepped up in the K7 days early 2000s, but the last decade until Ryzen has been very weak both regarding comaprison to Intel power but also price/performance.
Ryzen 3 looks promising, so lets see what this will do to our cute little audio landscape.
Old 26th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
I honestly don't really get why people get so caught up in some 'fears'. The only first hand accounts regarding motherboard fans have been positive as far as I can tell. It's a bit similar to the constant concern over "VRM" 'quality' (or 'quantity').

Anyway, here's a motherboard I just spotted:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14807...te-x570-xtreme

no fan...
The pricing for the high end boards are ridiculous IMO, and this is the only passively cooled 570 board. The latest ABBA BIOS for my Aorus x570 Elite changed the behaviour for the chipset fan, now it does not even come on while gaming. I have read reports about some low-end MSI boards and AsRock boards having whiny fans, but that was mere anecdotes.
Old 26th September 2019
Here for the gear

Hi!
Someone had a direct experience with a Ryzen 3900X in Ableton Live?
I know that Intel's CPU are better optimized with Ableton Live.
My only direct experience was with Intel's.
I don't want to buy another intel refresh with an outdated
architecture.
I've read the Scan Pro Audio comparison but i don't know how could this apply to Ableton(or Intel Optimized programs).
I'm truly undecided for my new Rig...
Thanks in advance to all!
Old 27th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper981 View Post
Hi!
Someone had a direct experience with a Ryzen 3900X in Ableton Live?
I know that Intel's CPU are better optimized with Ableton Live.
My only direct experience was with Intel's.
I don't want to buy another intel refresh with an outdated
architecture.
I've read the Scan Pro Audio comparison but i don't know how could this apply to Ableton(or Intel Optimized programs).
I'm truly undecided for my new Rig...
Thanks in advance to all!
My 3900x is comming tommorow, i will post a comparison vs the 4790k soon
Old 27th September 2019
Gear Nut
I'm using it in ableton, it's definitely a big step up from the 2600k I was using but hard to be exact as the ableton meter doesn't seem accurate for multiple cores, and because the speed of cores themselves moves around so much depending on load. I do feel like I can just keep adding tons of heavy vstis and sample libraries and it just works, haven't been able to max it out so far.
Old 27th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimp View Post
Yeah as someone who's just built a system around a 3700x and is very happy with it, right now I'd still recommend intel for anyone who's not a serial tinkerer, is primarily building for audio and isn't hugely concerned about the price tag. It took me two motherboards, four bios updates and 3 complete rebuilds to get everything working properly - I was probably an edge case (UAD cards) but audio people tend to hit edge cases.

Right now there's far more info out there about working intel configurations. Brand new platforms always have niggles and the majority prefer an easy life over a little extra value or performance.

Give it 3-6 months and I'll probably change my mind, give it 12-18 and I'll be very surprised if I haven't - it's looking increasingly as though intel don't have anything to keep them competitive in the medium term aside from price cuts.
Could you please elaborate on what board you rejected and what settled on? What are your DPC timings? What memory?
Old 27th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goony View Post
Have got my 3600 system virtually all done, only couple things left to install, and in the couple weeks I built it, no issues at all so far, still rock solid, super quick. Have used Ableton & Maschine, and no problem, even with the beta stuff I test its been all good.
What motherboard, mind sharing? What DPC latency? What memory? Many would appreciate
this info greatly.
Old 27th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houd.ini View Post
I just upgraded my PC, and have a Ryzen 3700x system running solidly (and boosting to 4375 MHz single core/ 4200 MHz all-core) on an Aorus x570 Elite motherboard with 16GB 3200mHz Samsung b-die ram (14-14-14 timings), a 1GB Adata XPG SX8200pro NVME SSD with a fresh Win10 x64 install. Is there any sort of easily installed relevant benchmark you guys want me to run? I have a 6-core trashcan Mac Pro 2013, but am getting more and more fed up with Apple hardware-wise, might migrate if it is worth it. Oh, and hello!
And here I am again asking users about their x570 boards DPC latency. What's yours?
Old 28th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragon View Post
What motherboard, mind sharing? What DPC latency? What memory? Many would appreciate
this info greatly.
If you read thread all that info has been previously posted.
Old 30th September 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseetoo View Post
430W PSU is more than big enough for my need. I don’t play any video games, the load on GPU is so low the fan never runs and yet the card itself is always at room temperature. The only time the video card is ever used is when I do some adjustment in Lightroom. The entire rig never pulls more than 200W out of the wall socket, I checked. For each spinner I connect to the system, it adds 10W. SSD adds less than 5W. The Seasonic PSU is so efficient that it runs very cool. It is rated at something like over 90% efficiency. Actually, with the way I use my computer, I hit the most efficient part of power envelope of the PSU. A bigger wattage unit won’t get to that part of the envelope with 200W draw.

I use Izotope Rx a lot, it’s noise reduction module uses as many cores as the CPU has. 3900X has 12 cores and it runs 225-250% faster than the computer it replaced; Intel 6 core 8700K, OC’ed to 5.2GHz. Same task used to run for 4’28” on Intel now runs just under 2 minutes. What a difference.

RAMDisc is very nice if you have enough RAM installed. The software basically locks up a certain amount of RAM and it presents that amount as a hard drive to OS. I mainly use it as a scratch disc for any apps that use scratch disc. The 2nd usage is to mount the entire project on RAMDisc. It is so fast it makes your 100+ tracks multi-track project runs like a single stereo pair one. No SSD can touch it.

I know I don’t have to lock all the cores to 4.2GHz, the CPU firmware should automatically get there but what heck. The computer is more responsive, at least it feels that way, when all the cores are clocked up. Oh, ASIO driver loves high clock frequency for low latency.
Thanks for your detailed reply dseetoo Very insightful.
Great that the psu wattage is a total non issue & that you are very aware of what you're doing :D
Since my psu incident I've always aimed to get 750w+ to ease my mind. Like some also said here.

I've tried the RAMDisc the past few weeks and it's indeed impressive as you've said.
On my system SSD I have 550 read/write speeds & via ramdisc hitting 8800 read/write speeds. Been testing it with 2GB of my 16GB total ram to see it's responses.
I'm running an old 2011 system tho I7 2600K 4c/8t OC @4.5ghz -ddr3 2133mhz CL9. But still impressed by the performance to be had.
The limited amount of 16GB ram is an issue but I think I'll put my cubase DAW exec on there along the project of the moment. The ram flushes out on reboot, so it keeps me on my toes & alert I guess. I'm using the free starwind Ramdisk after reading reviews & comparisons.
Should've digged into this much earlier, really been missing out.
Also thanks for posting additional info of your system & the way it responds/performs for you, very useful. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseetoo View Post
The improvement I am talking about achieved from 3900X over Intel 8700K is based on fully multi-core supported app, such as the Izotope RX and it’s noise reduction module. The DAW I use is Sequoia which has pretty poor multi-core-thread support. Frankly, I don’t see nearly as much of a difference between the two platforms in Sequoia. In the task manager, you see half of the CPU usage on 3900X, that is about it. I don’t load down the DAW much for what I do, most of times, I don’t even use EQs. The track count does go up in my mostly classical music projects but they are still trivial comparing to pop projects. The new Ryzen 3900X rig does allow me to reduce the ASIO buffer size to its minimum setting provided in the driver, which is 96 at 96KHz. However, that could be a function of lower X570 mobo latency, although I have not fully tested latency on both platforms to confirm one way or the other. In general, Ryzen 3900X gives me a better, more responsive day to day computing experience than my older Intel 8700K. Given that, I might go out and upgrade my rig to 3950X at the end of the month.

Quote:
A lot of CPUs are not able to run 1900 MHz IF speeds though, my 3700x craps out above 1833 MHz, so many would have to run IF/memclock asynchronously to achieve ram speeds above 3600 MTs. I am not sure I would bother with ram this expensive either, we are really talking diminishing returns here, except for a few outlier cases which I am not sure is relevant to DAW performance either.
I wasn't aware of that. Good you point this out.
Initially AMD did state the 1833mhz was the performance sweetspot overall for the 3000 series.
But as the overclockers were at it with benchmarks focusing on the 3900, their results on 1900mhz kinda stuck with me & I guess with more people too.
It seems 3800x runs IF similarly 1833 rather than 1900 too then.
Yes you're right about diminishing returns & the outlier cases are indeed on experimental grounds. Not at all guaranteed.
Tho I am now really convinced to opt for more capacity for ramdisc use
Old 30th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamusica View Post
My 3900x is comming tommorow, i will post a comparison vs the 4790k soon
Expect to be very, very pleased. I did the same upgrade on my Hackintosh and Logic is absolutely flying now. It's genuinely quite mad the track counts I can manage now.
Old 30th September 2019
Here for the gear
I've heard the news too of 3950x further postponed to November. Supposedly to meet up with high demands & minimizing shortages. ^^
Seems very understandable, but does anyone believe that being the reason even for a second lol
Taking a retrospective look.
The Ryzen cpu's released thusfar since July had many people reporting it's not or hardly hitting their target specs.
AMD took measures for 3950 through additional binning, but still rumors go on from inside anon sources that they're not performing at spec & need more time.
Releasing it in November along their new treadripper 24core, speculated with a new chipset. Isn't it shocking nobody even knows yet? or is it just me?
article from sept.27 here > https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-threa...chipset-rumor/

Regardless of hype & performance records, business wise things are just messy.
Can you imagine their team stressing on releasing 2 products while 1 was already a big deal having their hands full on.
The November threadripper barely have a chipset revealed, not to mention motherboards, who are having their hands on with the bios updates lately.
It seems just a fiasco waiting to happen.

When I heard the postponement to November, personally I've written 3950x off my agenda for now.
Even if they release it at that time, chance of performing at spec, chances on availability at local stores seems like a real headache for anyone.

However from a marketing point of view, I noticed reviewers/overclockers have multiple samples sent to them for benching & promotion.
Same goes for ram, reviewers/overclockers all got hands on multiple strips for promo, while completely unavailable to the general public.
This has lead to the hype & high demand we have now. Priced way lower than the competition Intel, but major issue on supply shortages.
Consequently the 3900 priced at $500 went/goes over the counter for $800+, especially if buying binned like on Silicon lottery etc. goes near/beyond $1000.
Ram too, gskill Neo's built specifically for AMD, priced at $300 goes for near $600 at stores. And everything's sold out.
Am I to believe that it's all coincidence instead of by design. This was a very clever marketing & promo focused campaign. From pricey boards, to double price Cpu's & ram over the counter cuz of induced shortages, makes for a great profit margin for all partners involved, doesn't it?
Not saying it's so on that last bit, just being the devil's advocate
However by the time of 3950x's wider availability & user experiences, Treadripper's of 2020 will see it's day & be the company's main focus.
So it's really interesting how things will turn out.

End of October also starts Mercury retrograde. I don't know if any of you are familiar with astrology, or using it for your business or creative processes.
but during mercury retrograde (mercury counter spinning relative to earth) electronic devices & purchases are highly prone to mishaps. Wrong delivery address, is the most common occurrence.
It's quite proved and documented now but still superstition to many. But I found it true in the many years I've seen things happening.
It's pretty cool once you've seen how it can influence marketing, release dates, meetings & publicity.
November will be quite a hallmark astrologically, so am gonna sit back & watch the cpu show now.

I'm keeping my eye on 3900 with more reasonable pricing on the whole system.
Things are just too messy for me now with the crazy prices.
Am curious to see if the new treadripper brings anything to the table regarding audio/daw along the new chipset, but that's still 2 months out so...
Have a great week guys. cheers
Old 30th September 2019
Gear Addict

It is a shame that 3900X is in such a short supply. It reminds me of early generation iPhone releases. But, in time I am sure it will all work out. AMD is in it for making money and I am sure they will do whatever they need to do to improve the supply. It least, It is a good problem for AMD to have.

In regard to the CPU not meeting their published speed, keep in mind the amount of difference is tiny; what is the difference of 50MHz in a system running at 4200MHz? About 1.2%! That is it. By the way, I got the new BIOS with ABBA micro-codes. My 3900X can now run at all-core 4300MH, that is 100MHz improvement from the previous BIOS. Does the computer feel any faster? Not really.

The strength of Ryzen CPU is not in its clock speed but in its core count at a given price. You buy and use it only if your app can use the extra cores you pay for it. I am glad I did it and given the experience I have had with 3900X, I most likely will upgrade to 3950X when it becomes available.
Old 30th September 2019
Lives for gear

Maybe the short supply is due to low chip yields on the new 7nm process...
Old 30th September 2019
Lives for gear

New AMD Chipset Drivers Download v1.9.27.1033
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details...-download.html
Old 1st October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzi View Post
I was thinking that those Epyc's are eating up all the best chiplet's,
Or they are selling better than anticipated? Either way, the competition
is great if your and Intel or AMD fan.
Old 1st October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiseman View Post
I was thinking that those Epyc's are eating up all the best chiplet's,
Or they are selling better than anticipated? Either way, the competition
is great if your and Intel or AMD fan.
Quote:
There's a guy on YouTube called Jim who does a lot of analysis videos. In general he's a bit much, but when it comes to yields specifically he makes some pretty good points actually.

Old 1st October 2019
Lives for gear

The video is interesting, but I only watched 7 minutes, I don't have time to watch the whole thing.

Unless someone makes it public, we can only guess that the new process has lower yields--since intel couldn't even get there, I am thinking its very difficult to do. I recall TSMC was going to be the only company making 7nm stuff, so they have a number of companies to schedule in. So maybe AMD is in line with their orders.

Personally, I am quite happy with 14mn devices, and wondering if the race to a smaller node size is a prudent think to pursue. Whatever the case, AMD is on that path and I will keep an eye out for news on their product backlogs or lead time.

Since intel couldn't even get to the smaller node size, I think its very difficult technically to do those.
Thanks.
Old 1st October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
The video is interesting, but I only watched 7 minutes, I don't have time to watch the whole thing.

Unless someone makes it public, we can only guess that the new process has lower yields--since intel couldn't even get there, I am thinking its very difficult to do.
Well that's not the only guess we can make. We can guess that there's a problem getting all 16 cores up to speed, which I doubt, but we can also guess that they're selling more EPYC CPUs than they thought and that TSMC is simply not producing enough silicon to satisfy demand, likely because AMD hadn't ordered enough (i.e. underestimated demand).

Both of those are as possible as "yields" being a problem (and by that I mean defective dies).

Remember that if a chiplet has a defective die or two it can get used as a hex or 12 core chip.

Quote:
Personally, I am quite happy with 14mn devices, and wondering if the race to a smaller node size is a prudent think to pursue. Whatever the case, AMD is on that path and I will keep an eye out for news on their product backlogs or lead time.

Since intel couldn't even get to the smaller node size, I think its very difficult technically to do those.
Thanks.
Sure it's difficult, but it's surely the way forward. TSMC executed pretty well it seems since we now see 7nm chips in the server sector where efficiency is key.

Intel has it's own problems that I'm sure they'll solve eventually.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
He predicts that higher EPYC demand is leading the 8 core chiplets going there because EPYC sells for more.

He also predicts that the 3950x will be delayed again (I really hope not!).
Old 2nd October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragon View Post
And here I am again asking users about their x570 boards DPC latency. What's yours?
I have been running Latencymon for about 15 minutes now, and it seems to hover around 150 ms with a spike at 650 ms.
Old 2nd October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
I have been running Latencymon for about 15 minutes now, and it seems to hover around 150 ms with a spike at 650 ms.
That is quite high compared to my x470.

BTW. here are some results as i promised vs the 4790k and the 8700k.

General info:

4790k @ 4GHz
8700k @ 4.2-4.4 GHz
3900x PBO average 3.6-3.8GHz all core and 4.5-4.6 highest core(s)

Results:

1. Common EDM Project 1
4790k 90-125%
8700k 70-95%
3900x 60-85%
3900X 60-85% (All core 4.4GHz)

2a. Common EDM Project 2 Simple 64 samples
4790k 48-78% (peaks around 75-78%)
3900x 46-54%

2b. Common EDM Project 2 Simple 1024 samples
4790k 24-38%
3900x 22-27%

3. Common EDM Project 3 128 samples
4790k 72-85%
3900x 47-53%

4a. Serum 2Osc 16voices init x4 quality single bus 1 octave 7notes 512 samples
4790k 28%
3900x 26-28%

4b. Serum 2Osc 16voices init x4 quality 4x bus bus 1 octave 7notes 512 samples
4790k 28%-29%
3900x 33-35%

4c. Serum 2Osc 16voices init x4 quality 8x bus bus 1 octave 7notes 512 samples
4790k 56-57%
3900x 36-38%

4d. Serum 2Osc 16voices init x4 quality 24x bus bus 1 octave 7notes 512 samples
4790k 149-162%
3900x 64-67%

5a1. Kontak Voices test single bus 3900x
64. 65-71%
128. 51-56%
256. 42-46%
1024. 33-36%

5a2. Kontak Voices test single bus 4790x
128. overload
256. 87-92%
1024. 70-76%

5b1. Kontak voices test 4x bus 3900x
64. 43-47%
128. 34-30%
256. 23-25%
1024. 16-17%

5b2. Kontak Voices test 4x bus 4790x
128. 71-80%
256. 61-72%
1024. 42-45%

My verdict:

I did some more testing (plugin count/load) which i won't post atm.
But my conclusion for now is that the 3900x is great for Kontakt based projects and other stuff with no heavy plugins and long chains.

The results are partially as expected like 2-3 times more headroom to work with in some (user) cases.

But in my projects (and the ones from a good friend) the results are kinda disappointing. In some projects the improvement is less then 20% and in some up to 80%. In general the improvement is more in the 40-60 range compared to the 4790k. However compared to the 8700k it's around 10% faster which is a big no go for me. Which leads me to the single core speed and if we take the CB15 single core it matches the benchmark results vs the real word test.

I hope my test/post is decent enough to help in some way. First time i did this.
(and no i am not a newbie with computers and no i am also certainly not a know it all guy) just for reference long ago i was into OC'ing had some great results (a few top ten places @ AMDgeeks on the s939 socket) So i have a tiny bit of experience.

Oh forgot, i tried a all core OC but didnt help up to 4400MHz so i could try to run a 4600MHz all core, but my gut says i would not get it stable. If i would somebody could be interested.
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks for your efforts @ Kamusica , much appreciated!
Old 3rd October 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:

BTW. here are some results as i promised vs the 4790k and the 8700k.

General info:

4790k @ 4GHz
8700k @ 4.2-4.4 GHz
3900x PBO average 3.6-3.8GHz all core and 4.5-4.6 highest core(s)

Results:

1. Common EDM Project 1
4790k 90-125%
8700k 70-95%
3900x 60-85%
3900X 60-85% (All core 4.4GHz)

2a. Common EDM Project 2 Simple 64 samples
4790k 48-78% (peaks around 75-78%)
3900x 46-54%

2b. Common EDM Project 2 Simple 1024 samples
4790k 24-38%
3900x 22-27%

3. Common EDM Project 3 128 samples
4790k 72-85%
3900x 47-53%

4a. Serum 2Osc 16voices init x4 quality single bus 1 octave 7notes 512 samples
4790k 28%
3900x 26-28%

4b. Serum 2Osc 16voices init x4 quality 4x bus bus 1 octave 7notes 512 samples
4790k 28%-29%
3900x 33-35%

4c. Serum 2Osc 16voices init x4 quality 8x bus bus 1 octave 7notes 512 samples
4790k 56-57%
3900x 36-38%

4d. Serum 2Osc 16voices init x4 quality 24x bus bus 1 octave 7notes 512 samples
4790k 149-162%
3900x 64-67%

5a1. Kontak Voices test single bus 3900x
64. 65-71%
128. 51-56%
256. 42-46%
1024. 33-36%

5a2. Kontak Voices test single bus 4790x
128. overload
256. 87-92%
1024. 70-76%

5b1. Kontak voices test 4x bus 3900x
64. 43-47%
128. 34-30%
256. 23-25%
1024. 16-17%

5b2. Kontak Voices test 4x bus 4790x
128. 71-80%
256. 61-72%
1024. 42-45%

My verdict:

I did some more testing (plugin count/load) which i won't post atm.
But my conclusion for now is that the 3900x is great for Kontakt based projects and other stuff with no heavy plugins and long chains.

The results are partially as expected like 2-3 times more headroom to work with in some (user) cases.

But in my projects (and the ones from a good friend) the results are kinda disappointing. In some projects the improvement is less then 20% and in some up to 80%. In general the improvement is more in the 40-60 range compared to the 4790k. However compared to the 8700k it's around 10% faster which is a big no go for me. Which leads me to the single core speed and if we take the CB15 single core it matches the benchmark results vs the real word test.

I hope my test/post is decent enough to help in some way. First time i did this.
(and no i am not a newbie with computers and no i am also certainly not a know it all guy) just for reference long ago i was into OC'ing had some great results (a few top ten places @ AMDgeeks on the s939 socket) So i have a tiny bit of experience.

Oh forgot, i tried a all core OC but didnt help up to 4400MHz so i could try to run a 4600MHz all core, but my gut says i would not get it stable. If i would somebody could be interested.
I've had a similar experience using the DAW performance meter i.e. not a night-and-day difference, but I'm not sure how accurate that is as what I have noticed is that I can keep adding stuff and the meter doesn't really seem to go up, which I think makes sense given that the increase in power is in the number of cores, rather than in the cores themselves. The DAW meter seems to me to be set up to measure single core performance, at least in Ableton it doesn't seem to be well suited to measuring performance across multiple cores. EDIT: I'd also add that for me I'm not running an overclock, so the Ryzen core speed is going up and down all the time depending on load which again I think makes it very hard for the DAW to give an accurate performance reading. Like I say I can keep piling on VSTs and sample libraries and it hasn't stumbled yet, so I'm pretty satisfied (although granted it's nothing like the value I got going from a core duo to a 2600K in 2011 for half the price...).
Old 3rd October 2019
Here for the gear

Guys need some help. Can't decide between Ryzen 7 2700x and Ryzen 5 3600 (some occasional gaming but music production is priority)
Ram: G-Skill 3200 Mhz Ripjaws
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
DAWs:Fl Studio 12 and Ableton Live 9
Old 3rd October 2019
Lives for gear

@ Avisso

Without any doubt, Ryzen 5 3600.

If you find the AMD default cooler too noisy, this one is way
more silent/efficient and not expensive.
Old 3rd October 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictus;
@ Avisso

Without any doubt, Ryzen 5 3600.

If you find the AMD default cooler too noisy, this one is way
more silent/efficient and not expensive.
pretty solid tip, i will try that one.
Old 4th October 2019
Old 4th October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
I think it is related to power management settings, as soon as I opened Chrome with 7-8 tabs the latency actually went down and stayed lower for about 10 seconds.
Old 4th October 2019
Here for the gear

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...ghz,40555.html

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Hits 4.3 GHz On All 16 Cores With AIO Cooler

not sure how to feel about 33% more cost for 25% more performance on all cores 3900x vs 3950x (stock)

(This is just my regular all purpose rig)
my 3900x on x470 Gigabyte gaming 7 board does 4.1-4.17ghz all cores when running R15 with a AIO H115i in push pull, config

When running in quite config, it will be about 4.05-4.1

Also depending on temps and load I have seen it boost all cores to 4.2 for a fraction of a sec, which is useless but its their.

even with all fans maxed which I have a lot but 90% it runs at 500-700 rpm fans, and water being close to room temps, It will not go higher, maybe a little, and pushing more voltage will increase the temps by 5-10C easy, for not even 100mhz more

so I found a balance for highest auto boost and lowest temps, depending on type of benchmark its 76-83C when hitting all cores
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search