The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Piano VST Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Best Piano VST

I've been using Pianoteq for years as my piano( I write mainly solo piano/classical/jazz/film music).It fitted my budget and was the best i could find (this was 10 years ago)
I like it but it just doesn't quite get there,its like my head is inside the piano.
I just wanted other people opinions on what they think is the best piano vsts.
I've got EW Composer Cloud and don't like their pianos and I have Nis The Gentleman-dont like that either.
And if its going to cost a few bucks I'd really like a playable demo,i dont want to fork out a lot of dollars without being able to try it(actually play it) first.

Not much to ask is it !!!

So any thoughts are appreciated,

Cheers
Justin
Old 1 week ago
Dude .... you got the best with Pianoteq ! I am gunning for a license if I can find a used one to buy it ... if you sell me yours I'll take it

Meanwhile I have excellent Piano VIs and I can recommend a few like:

1: Keyscape
2: Ivory Pianos
3: Native Instruments Pianos (they have quite a few .. I personally like the Grandeur)

I don't think others are worth mentioning ...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
I'd +1 on Pianoteq, after trying a few piano VSTi's it's the one I settled on & made me feel I don't need to look anywhere else. If you've got an old version from 10 years ago, maybe it's worth trying an upgrade to version 6?

As for the bit about "its like my head is inside the piano", have you tried experimenting with the Output setting? Version 6 has settings like Monophonic, Stereophonic, Sound Recording and Binaural, and some of those will definitely feel like your head is in the piano. The piano presets will all sound different as well, some of them are close mic'd and some are much further away. I only have Pianoteq Stage, but Pianoteq Standard will let you experiment with mic placement.
Old 1 week ago
HSi
Lives for gear

Native instruments have quite a selection, the giant and the gentleman are both really nice, but that noir sounds very nice too.
Old 1 week ago
The noir is recent ! I didn't get to try it yet
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search