The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai MPD226 Presets??? Drum Pad Controllers
Old 1 week ago
Akai MPD226 Presets???

Does anyone out there have an MPD226 that can export and upload the factory presets for me?? At the very least preset 3 for the MPC Essentials software??

I started using mine with it today and the pad assignments just do not seem logical at all. The kiddo had it and never could figure it out so he let me have it.. Not sure if he messed with the settings or anything, and there's no factory reset for the presets.

I would figure it would at least map to a GM drum kit or chromatically like the default ones do.. Instead even my A bank of pads jumps around a 4 octave range at random. Made for an 'interesting' bass line earlier at least hehe.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

There should be an editor for it @ https://www.akaipro.com

I have an MPD218, I had originally registered it to my account when I bought it, so it shows under "My Registered Products".

Click on the MPD picture shown, and it shows:

MPD218
Overview
Features
Videos
Downloads

Editor was in the downloads link there.
Old 6 days ago
Got the editor. The editor doesn't restore the factory presets.

Akai sorted me out and sent me the zip anyways. Turns out my preset wasn't messed with (the MPD came to me second hand), its just the stupid way the Akai MPC pads are mapped out by default. Makes it a pain when I want to knock out anything melodic in the MPC Software but oh well. I just switch to my Logic X preset which has all the pads mapped chromatically to do those parts, then switch back to the MPC preset for everything else. Picking up an MPC Studio this weekend to just be done with it and have everything working as it should hah.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search