The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RX7 VS Powercore Restoration Suite Noise Reduction & Restoration Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

RX7 VS Powercore Restoration Suite

One of my best and certainly the most expensive plugins I have ever purchased is TC Restoration Suite for Powercore. Since TC dropped support for Powercore and failed to produce a native version of the TC Restoration Suite, I decided to purchase RX7 as a replacement. The spectral de-noise using the "learn" function is fantastic. The De-click on the other hand - problem. When cleaning up vinyl I have found that it tends to soften or remove the "click" on a hard bass drum. I find it impossible to find a setting that leaves the bass drum intact but still removes the vinyl clicks. I went back to my TC Powercore de-click and COULD find a setting that removed the vinyl clicks but not the bass drum click. It seems the TC algorithm is much better at detecting the difference between vinyl clicks and clicks in the music. And the TC software must be about 15 years old or more? And is designed to run in 32 bit with max 4 gig ram.

Such a pity that TC have not developed a native version of Restoration Suite and developed it to make use of 64 bit and plenty of ram.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

It takes practice to use any NR program well. Because of the nature of transient waveforms, any declicker has to be used cautiously. If I'm editing a track with pronounced rhythmic passages, I won't use a declicker at all. I'll do what I can with the standard NR modules, then try to take out any annoying remnants with basic drawing tools.

Luckily, I don't have to do that very often.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search