The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio Interface for sorround mixing Audio Interfaces
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Audio Interface for sorround mixing

Hi,

I have to replace an old M-audio Fast track Ultra AI.
I'm looking for a 1U, something with 8 inputs and capable to do some surround mixing (so I need at least 6 outs)
Some options I have found:

- M-Audio M-Track Eight
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 V1
- Behringer UMC1820
- TASCAM US-16×08
- Presonus Studio 1810

I’m looking something not too old, to keep drivers updated (I use Pro Tools on Windows) and I need the AI to have a control panel (like the M-audio FTU has) so I can manipulate the gain outside my DAW. I’m not sure if M-Track Eight has a control panel.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
If you don't need any preamps the MOTU 8a has 8 line ins/outs.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
I cannot speak highly enough of the RME UFX with the ARC USB. Totalmix FX allows you to setup for all sorts of monitoring situations/paths with the click of a button.
the RME drivers are also second to none!
Old 3 days ago
I am the last to say that things are impossible or that people should refrain from following their vision. But I would like to mention that for decent surround mixing, there is a significant amount of investment required to do it properly. Foremost, the acoustic environment and monitoring setup requires a lot of homework, trial and error, as phase issues are massive when not doen properly, which makes it very hard to mix correctly. It is already a challenge in stereo, if you know what I mean...
Given the budget you seem to have, I really suggest to think twice about this as it would be a pity investing in a new interface only to find out things become messy.

As stated, if you really want to dive into it, great, but realize that to do it properly, you really want to invest a lot more than just getting an interface with 8 outputs.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search