The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plugin Alliance Brainworx BX_Townhouse compressor
Old 19th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
Thanks Jeff and everybody else who assisted. This is the moment when I walk back into the thread with my tail between my legs

I opened up the project where I noticed the issue and immediately needed to turn down the volume due to the noise. The point being that it wasn't just a tiny bit in the background, it was as though a synth was playing white noise at a reasonable level. I then went through each of the tracks (150 odd) and muted them one by one and guess what.... the issue was Colour Copy.

I didn't even know it had a noise circuit included but after disabling all instances the noise was completely gone.

So essentially in the first phase of my testing I had the compounded issue of Townhouse noise added to compressed Colour Copy noise. Then after reducing the v-gain on Townhouse I was still listening to compressed Colour Copy noise. The reason I then thought it was Townhouse was because when I bypassed that the noise was gone which, in hindsight, makes sense because the many many Colour Copy instances were no longer being compressed.

TL;DR: All fixed now and thanks to everybody for their help. The noise in Townhouse can indeed to reduced to an inaudible level and I'm back in love wih it.
Glad you got it figured out. It can be very frustrating tracking down those pesky bugs. We have all had that facepalm moment.
Show replies
Old 20th September 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Well done, Matt!
Show replies
📝 Reply