The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mytek AD/DA with PCIE Audio Interfaces
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Mytek AD/DA with PCIE

A very simple question that I need advice from everyone. I'm looking to move from a USB audio interface to using PCIE. I have a Mytek 192ADC and a 96DAC and so my question is what is the simplest way to make this work. I should add that I have a new pc desktop(9900K) that I'm building over the next week that will be running Window 10. Thanks!

Last edited by MarathonMan; 1 week ago at 09:07 AM.. Reason: more info.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Personally I'd go for an RME solution - they have THE best drivers by far in terms of latency, stability and long term support - basically they'll probably never stop supporting whatever you buy from them!

They do PCIe cards that interface with AES, ADAT or MADI.

They even now have ADAT, MADI and Dante as USB3 units as an alternative to PCIe.

Look to RME - you really can't go wrong with them.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Personally I'd go for an RME solution - they have THE best drivers by far in terms of latency, stability and long term support - basically they'll probably never stop supporting whatever you buy from them!

They do PCIe cards that interface with AES, ADAT or MADI.

They even now have ADAT, MADI and Dante as USB3 units as an alternative to PCIe.

Look to RME - you really can't go wrong with them.
I thought about RME and Lynx but what confuses me is the number of different pcie cards that are available. In other words, which model would you recommend for someone who records one track at a time with no need for many I/O. It will be vocals, guitar and 90% VSTi based recordings. Thanks for the quick reply btw.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Aurora 8 with RME HDSPe AES here and Mytek 96DAC for monitoring (Amphion One18)... a great combination of one of the best drivers (PC here) and a really nice AD/DA conversion setup. Works beautifully!
Thinking sometimes about selling the system and going towards the Metric Halo LIO-8 3D, RME UFX+ or Apollo x8 route. That would add some extra features to my system/workflow... but not sure. Working really good so far!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorudess View Post
Aurora 8 with RME HDSPe AES here and Mytek 96DAC for monitoring (Amphion One18)... a great combination of one of the best drivers (PC here) and a really nice AD/DA conversion setup. Works beautifully!
Thinking sometimes about selling the system and going towards the Metric Halo LIO-8 3D, RME UFX+ or Apollo x8 route. That would add some extra features to my system/workflow... but not sure. Working really good so far!
The RME HDSPe looks like a great option for what I am trying to do. Is there a cheaper alternative to RME?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Lynx AES16e... cheaper than the HDSPe.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
The RME HDSPe looks like a great option for what I am trying to do. Is there a cheaper alternative to RME?
Second hand RME HDSPe AES?

There's not much to go wrong this these cards so if it works it will work especially if you find a seller with a 100% reputation.

I've have an RME Multiface Mk1 thats 15 years old and it still looks like the day it came out of it's box!

Plus RME are still writing current drivers for it and adding new software features .... tell me a company that can beat that - new software features for an interface 15 years old!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Go RME. I'm still using an old RME HDSP 9652 PCI card in my PC, they're still updating the drivers and it still works like a champ
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by The dman View Post
Go RME. I'm still using an old RME HDSP 9652 PCI card in my PC, they're still updating the drivers and it still works like a champ
I thought of doing just that but I'd rather avoid the whole conversion from pci to pcie. I'm leaning towards Lynx for now.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Thank you all for the replies and suggestions. I have boiled it down to the Lynx e22 or Lynx AES16e. Correct me if I'm wrong but the E22 has its own AD/DA with AES while the Lynx AES16e has no AD/DA but provides more AES connections. While I don't need the extra AES connections from the Lynx e16, I'm leaning towards it for the sample fact that I found a few online at a great value.

Having chosen between these two- Lynx e22 vs Lynx AES16e - are there any other differences I should consider?

Last edited by MarathonMan; 1 week ago at 03:10 PM.. Reason: minor corrections
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorudess View Post
Lynx AES16e... cheaper than the HDSPe.
I'm leaning towards your suggestion. Do you have any experience with the Lynx e22 vs the AES16e?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

No sorry... just knowing some people using the AES16e with the Auroras.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search