The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
OSX High Sierra or Mojave for Logic Pro X? Audio Interfaces
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

OSX High Sierra or Mojave for Logic Pro X?

Hey,
I'm currently using Mac OSX Sierra for Logic Pro X. But planning about upgrading. Which of the newest OSX is best for Logic Pro X?
Old 16 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toka View Post
Hey,
I'm currently using Mac OSX Sierra for Logic Pro X. But planning about upgrading. Which of the newest OSX is best for Logic Pro X?
If all your devices drivers are compatible with Mojave I would upgrade to it. I bought u-he’s Hive and the CP always on bug is still there using HS. I have to buy a Metal capable GPU for my 5,1 Mac Pro to run Majave or I would be on it. I hope that would fix the CP bug.
Old 15 hours ago
Lives for gear
I didn't notice any difference at all in terms of performance.
Dark mode is quite nice though.
Old 14 hours ago
Yeah same here, performance wise, if anything its a smoother High Sierra with an awesome dark mode and a fancy desktop wallpaper that changes with the time of day heh. I bought a Radeon RX560 for my Mac Pro to do the upgrade, and it was worth it for the improvement in games alone. Audiowise, everything is running as it should be. Logic works great as always, my 15 year old firewire MOTU 828Mk2's almost 3 year old driver still works, my 20 year old Emagic MIDI interface still works, hell my old Oxygen 8 controller still works!

At the same time though, over the last month Ive upgraded a bunch of stuff in the 2010 Mac Pro. Swapped the stock quad 2.8Ghz CPU for a hex 3.33, added more RAM (which now runs at 1333Mhz instead of 1066), newer Airport/Bluetooth card, SSD boot drive, USB 3.1 card... All is well here.
Old 10 hours ago
Should I upgrade my High Sierra to Mojave ?? My Workflow is SUPER stable since years it hasn't been like that .... and if I am to upgrade ... should I upgrade from High Sierra Directly or Fresh Install Everything from scratch ?
Old 39 minutes ago
Lives for gear

Mojave is smooth here. Sierra was good for me, HS a bit slower, and Mojave an improvement over both. Having been with Apple since what, OS6 back in the days of antiquity, I believe that Mojave is one of their best OSs (takes the crown from 10.6.8)
Good luck! I'd go for it.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search