The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves Bass or Vocal Rider Dynamics Plugins
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Waves Bass or Vocal Rider

I'm trying to decide on whether to buy the Waves Bass or Vocal Rider; both seem like great, time saving plugs. I'm just curious which gets more use in your mixes, or do they both get used in everyone?

If I can come up with another $29, I'd definitely buy both (Vocal n Bass) during the $29 for every plug sale, but there are a couple others I'm interested in, like Renaissance Bass, Kramer HLS Channel, maybe one of the SSL emus or the WLM Plus Loudness Meter (altho I think there are a couple decent free versions out there that I'm drawing a blank on.

The Rider plugs are at the top of my list since I don't have anything like them.
Are there any other companies that make a similar plug that's worth checking out?

Thanks.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Both get used in most any project with acoustic bass or vocals. There are alternatives, but for $29? I don't know of anything free that works as well.

I find both can get you in the ballpark, but there are plenty of manual adjustments after vocal and bass rider. The adjustments are dependent on a multitude of variables.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search