The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Studio multi screen connection
Old 14th April 2019
Exclamation Studio multi screen connection

whats good astro here

I need multiple screens connected to my laptop for my home studio set up, I'm trying to find out the connectors and their names.

secondly even thou out of topic, I would like to connect my 2i2 Focusrite interface to an 8 channel mixer or even a console .

thanks in advance
Old 19th May 2019
Here for the gear

Here is a good guide foud online: https://www.howtogeek.com/306237/how...h-your-laptop/
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Maniac

If you want to conenect more than one external monitor you need more than one video output, and a video card that supports two external outputs being used at once.

Most laptops only have one output. Higher end laptops tend to have two, and workstation laptops can have up to THREE usable outputs at once, with a quadro or or amd equivalent-level card.

Also keep in mind you may need dofferent cables or adapters to connect different types of outputs to the screens.

As for your second question, youll need 2 x TRS cables to connect your balanced outputs on the back of the 2i2 into two inputs (or one stereo channel) on your mixer.

Cheers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search