The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves sale - Trying to decide Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Waves sale - Trying to decide

So I've been trying to really work on my mixing chops lately and with the Waves sale going on, I want to grab a couple of plugins but keep the cost low. Is the SSL-G Channel Strip worth grabbing? Any recommendations for one to buy, and the one freebie would be much appreciated. I've mainly stuck with my stock Ableton plugins aside from synths and other virtual instruments.

The CLA MixHub sounds interesting, but not sure if the workflow is right for me. I've only ever worked in the box.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornMaster View Post
Is the SSL-G Channel Strip worth grabbing?
Yes. Especially if don't have a good bus comp. Waves version holds it's own vs others out there including SSL's Duende.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Yes. Especially if don't have a good bus comp. Waves version holds it's own vs others out there including SSL's Duende.
Cool, thanks. I prefer the sound of the E-Series channel strip more, but the price is 3 times as much, so good to know. Does the channel strip do well as a master bus compressor? Noticed that there's the G Master Bus Compressor as it's own thing.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

LOL, I was just coming here to look for posts on the same thing : ) I thought about the SSL G but was distracted by the Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain for the same price, as I have some fairly good bus compression options but no really characterful ones.

The F6 (floating band dynamic eq) and the H-Reverb are vying for the second plugin position.

I agree about the SSL E series and the difference in cost (though I haven't heard either as Waves plugins). Would love to hear more opinions about the G plugin or anything else worth grabbing at the sale price.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornMaster View Post
Cool, thanks. I prefer the sound of the E-Series channel strip more, but the price is 3 times as much, so good to know. Does the channel strip do well as a master bus compressor? Noticed that there's the G Master Bus Compressor as it's own thing.
Whats funny is just last week they were reversed in price. The E channel was $29 and the G Channel was $99. I picked up the E channel last week (and got the G Bus Compressor for free) and got the G channel today for the free $29 plugin when I bought the Abbey Road Chambers for $29 on my lunch break (that thing was $50 last week woohoo).

The G Channel is NOT the Bus compressor. Yes that is its own thing. The G Channel is just that, its the channel strip with the strips own dynamics section in it. Same as the E channel. Its not the good old magic glue comp. The bus comp was one of the free choices during the last sale if you spent at least $80 (I got that and the Abbey Road Plates for free hehe)

Keep checking your email, I bet you anything the E channel will be back on sale in no time. Everything has been on sale pretty much, Waves just keeps shifting around which ones are the budget ones, which ones are the 'top shelf'. They'll all shift around again next week I bet.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

today and tomorrow all waves plugins are for 29.

which one to buy? the abbey road mastering chain?
Old 1 week ago
If you're only getting one Id say look at what it is you really need, unless you've got $30 to throw away (why I have too many of them I never use).

Ive gone through the whole sale list a few times today looking stuff over and I cant find anything that screams BUY ME anymore hehe. Was about to grab the Scheps Omni, or one of the REDD/TG/HLS strips but them realized, I have all their API/SSL/Neve/Whatever EQs, the Waves/Logic/NI LA-2A/3A/1176, SSL bus, etc.. I already have my channel strips. Still kinda want either that 'Beatles' or 'Zeppelin' thing though for flavor. Anybody here used em and can comment on them? Like I said Ive got all the 'standard' Waves analog EQs and stuff already so these would be another flavor to throw in to the mix. For the Beatles side Im leaning more towards the TG, but man that guitar tone on the Revolution single is saying I NEED the REDD hehe. The HLS is supposed to be pretty awesome too.. Decisions decisions!!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I would likely purchase many of the newer Waves products if the GUIs weren't such tiny little ants on my 4K monitor. I used a lot (and paid a lot) back in the day and could imagine such plugins as RBass still being exceptionally useful. CLA Mixhub looks like a no-brainer purchase! Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain sounds incredible. PRS Supermodels are not bad if you use your own IR. H-Reverb and H-Delay. Sibilance and Torque out of the newer ones as well. lastly, the dBX-160 is fantastic.
Don't let the low prices fool you, many of these plugins are top notch!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search