The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
@MetricHalo: why no 16 or 32 IO interface boxes available? Digital Converters
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

@MetricHalo: why no 16 or 32 IO interface boxes available?

Sorry to say but I dont get why you - MH - still have no interfaces with more than 8 IO that can be used at the same time?

In order to expand the number of IO substantially and stay on the magic 3D platform I would need to buy several LIO/ULN's for lots of $$$; this while there is an Orion 32, Lynx 16 and Presonus 4848 (48 channels!!) for a reasonable outlay.

So, are there boxes coming our way this year with lots more IO? Or can I forget it and need to really buy an interface from another manufacturer?
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post

In order to expand the number of IO substantially and stay on the magic 3D platform I would need to buy several LIO/ULN's for lots of $$$; this while there is an Orion 32, Lynx 16 and Presonus 4848 (48 channels!!) for a reasonable outlay.
As you probably know, MH hardly ever discusses future plans. The last time they did, there was a 3 year long piss and moan about where the upgrade is. Good times. Of course, I'd love to see what, if anything (besides finalizing the 3D software and implementing Windows drivers), they have in the pipeline. Personally I'm hoping for edge cards with 4 channels of Analog I/O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post

So, are there boxes coming our way this year with lots more IO? Or can I forget it and need to really buy an interface from another manufacturer?
Magic 8 Ball™ Sez: Buy what you think serves your purpose now and make music, because I can pretty much guarantee you MH is going to do what they think is best for them and creating a whole line of products to fit every niche has never been it.

Can you believe that all fit on my Magic 8 Ball™?
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Or they can just be professional about it by saying: "yes, we have an interface with more IO in the pipeline but our first priority is finalizing the 3D platform for all our existing interfaces".

i mean, its not a ridiculous question that I'm asking and they should care about their customer base.
And I'm not asking for a planning just for a general timeframe.

That said, they made a mistake announcing 3D years ago and not meeting their estimated/predicted timeframe.
Sure thing they are not eager to make that mistake again.
Old 17th April 2019
Here for the gear

More I/O?
Read the 3D implementation and study the edge card options.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search