The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Optimizing PC for Audio
Old 21st May 2007
Gear Addict

Question Optimizing PC for Audio

I used a good guide to optimizing your PC for audio a little while back and I can't find it. I've rebuilt my computer and I need to optimize it now and I'd like to find a good guide.

BTW I've searched the forums and haven't found anything. Probably due to search terms.. The guides I've found on the net aren't that good.

Thanks.
Old 21st May 2007
Old 21st May 2007
Gear Addict

Old 21st May 2007
Gear nut

This is the one I used. Did it in 2004 and have'nt had a reason to do anything more. I think I did everything listed but can't be for sure, so only do what your brave enough to try. I printed out a copy which I still have just in case I need to reverse something. My computer is a dedicated recording computer, no internet or junkware!! I've been very picky about what goes on it and it's been very stable. I just switched to reaper and it's still perfectly stable so far. When I pull up the task manager there is only like four programs running; 512mb of ram, 3ghz hyperthread processor, a seperate hardrive for audio file, ect.... Runs Great!!!

Windows XP DAW Optimization Guide
Old 22nd May 2007
Gear maniac

ADK guys recommend this site generally--haven't redone my machine yet, coming up.
TweakHound
best
Old 20th February 2010
Gear interested

are there any tweaks for Win7? or it would be the same as for XP?
Old 4th March 2010
Gear interested

Some of them works for win7 too! Maybe you have to use google in case the way to change this parameters in win7 is different e.g. Disable Fast User Switching
Old 4th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by undermind View Post
I used a good guide to optimizing your PC for audio a little while back and I can't find it. I've rebuilt my computer and I need to optimize it now and I'd like to find a good guide.

BTW I've searched the forums and haven't found anything. Probably due to search terms.. The guides I've found on the net aren't that good.

Thanks.
never put it on the internet and dont run virus software... REALLY helps
Old 4th March 2010
Lives for gear

Old 1st May 2010
Gear addict

Old 12th August 2010
Gear interested

MusicXP subscription requires payment.

Anyone has this tweak list saved? :P
Old 22nd September 2010
Lives for gear

Old 22nd September 2010
Lives for gear

black viper is a classic.

For xp it is impossible to beat boldfortune.net, but yuou really gotta want to do this... there are over 400 pages of info.

For win7 32 or 64, this site covers a lot of the basics that apply to anyone:

Speed Up Windows 7 - Ultimate Guide To Make Windows 7 Blazing Fast!!!

I've done these mods to my win7 64 bit machine, including the registry tweaks, and so far so good. Not using it for audio, though.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search