The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antelope thunderbolt with Z390 boards Audio Interfaces
Old 15th February 2019
Lives for gear

Antelope thunderbolt with Z390 boards

I am planning on upgrading my pc to a 9900k and Gigabyte - Z390 DESIGNARE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard. Using a Antelope Zen tour

Has anyone been using a Z390 board with antelope thunderbolt and are you having success?
Old 21st February 2019
Here for the gear

I'm planning on the same build configuration in the next week or so for a silver Goliath and would be interested in people's experiences as well.
Old 21st February 2019
Gear Head
The Gigabyte Designare Z390 has a problem currently with thunderbolt 1 devices. I have an Orion Studio Rev. 2017, and at the moment I am having to use the USB2 port on my machine. My Bios version is F6c.
Old 21st February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddrake View Post
The Gigabyte Designare Z390 has a problem currently with thunderbolt 1 devices. I have an Orion Studio Rev. 2017, and at the moment I am having to use the USB2 port on my machine. My Bios version is F6c.
Yes the zen tour is tb1 as well. Have you heard of any fixes being worked on for this? Not sure if I should return the z390 now and just stick with my current pc
Old 22nd February 2019
Old 23rd February 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks! Not sure from the thread if there will actually be a fix signed off or not. If it looks to be something that will be fixed I will keep the board but cant tell here

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddrake View Post
Old 10th March 2019
Lives for gear

I just hooked up my Avid Thunderbolt Native box with an Apple TB3 to TB adapter and working fine at 32 buffer. Avid moderator told me Thunderbolt Native is a TB1 device, came out in 2011 before TB2.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Head
Just wanted to follow up on my above post, and have upgraded the bios to the F6 (from F6c) and upgrade the Antelope Thunderbolt drivers, and it's now up in running on the Gigabyte Designare Z390.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hello to all of you.

I am very glad to hear that you got it running, indeed the latest BIOS update for the Designare should be fixing that issue and everything should be up and running. I have almost the same configuration, the difference is that my motherboard is Z390 Aorus Pro running TB with Titan Ridge, everything is running flawlessly on my side with any device.

If you have questions - please ask, I would be more than glad to help you. And if you are running into issues, please get in touch with our support team.

Sam
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search