The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tascam US-2400 controlling Studio One cue mixes
Old 3rd February 2019
Here for the gear

Tascam US-2400 controlling Studio One cue mixes

I'm not sure how many of you are still using this control surface, so I hope this is the right place to put this. I had a bit of a breakthrough this past week.

I had some that magical combination of low business and high frustration a couple weeks ago. ..and based on some inspiration from a video I watched about Mixbus, I decided to see what I could get out of my US-2400 and Studio One.

As some of you are aware, Studio One does cue mixes differently than anyone else, and as a result, nobody's control surface will control them. Heck, not even Presonus' own Faderport 8/16 will modify the cue mixes. (Does that make any sense?)

I won't say it's a perfect solution, but I found a way to control those pesky cue mixes using my Tascam US-2400. It's not "perfect" because it's great for tracking, but not so good for overdubs and mixing... so I'm still switching back to a more "normal" control surface map for those jobs. But tracking a band is where I just go NUTZ trying to keep up with all the separate mixes.

So far, I've set up a nice tracking interface with the ability to quickly (and sanely) modify:
* My control room mix
* 5 headphone cues.
* Pan & one Aux mix (for reverb in the cans)

The trick was treating the Tascam as a 24-track console with 8 layers instead of a single 192 channel interface and using banks to get from one page to the next.

Last edited by Doood; 3rd February 2019 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: little bit 'o clarity.
Old 3rd February 2019
Here for the gear

Link to the video

I put this together to prove that it works.

US-2400 controls CUE mixes in Studio One
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search