The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Echo Audio, Echo 2 - I/O troubleshooting
Old 1st February 2019
Gear Maniac

Echo Audio, Echo 2 - I/O troubleshooting

I'm looking for some advice on how to troubleshoot an issue with the output on an Echo Audio Echo 2 usb interface. Documentation/demonstration info is scant.

I want to use the Echo 2's headphone output with an Ipad/MBP

I have the device connected to an ipad air 2 via a CCK2 and powered by the OEM PSU. Audio in works just fine and I assume the onboard thru output works as well, based on the gauge activity. The problem is that I can't send audio to the interface despite AUM showing an output and showing signal out. 1/2 is the main L/R and 3/4 is the headphone monitoring channels and I can switch monitoring just fine but there's no signal out.

Functionality is even more limited when connecting it to the MBP, mid 2012/mojave. The computer recognizes the device, I can select it in logic as the I/O but I cant seem to get either input or output.

There's no software editor and no archived updates for the Echo 2 on EA's site.

I saw a brief post here stating that all ports had to be usb2. I have an old MB I can pull out of storage to test that later. I'll also test the main l/r output on the hifi system. It's not critical to use the Echo 2's headphone output and I have the input I need.

I feel like I missed something silly, it's such a simple device! Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search