The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best mix buss "swiss army" plugins
Old 30th January 2019
Gear Head

Best mix buss "swiss army" plugins

Curious to hear what everyone's using for mix buss processing: not as much in the standard compression/EQ world, but more in the "I can't quite do this with any other plugin" thing. Been looking into the Goodhertz Midside and it seems to be exactly that type of plugin, and it got me interested in what else is out there. Bonus points for mentioning smaller companies that don't rhyme with Caves
Old 31st January 2019
Gee
Lives for gear

Been really digging contemporary colours. Makes me have to do less processing overall (which is good!)
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Start with izotope ozone
Then see what your missing after
Old 31st January 2019
Gear Guru
I like Elevate..... Vertigo VSM3
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear
There isn't really anything I can do without, but my most often used are

UA Precision Limiter
Limiter 6
UA 33609
Waves TG Mastering Chain (sorry!)
You can probably find a free M/S from Voxengo.

That's not what you asked for, so maybe look into Brainworx new Mastering Desk.
Old 1st February 2019
Wholegrain Digital DynPEQ...akin to a high end version of the TC Electronic's Finalizer in the box. Has mid / side, d.c. cut / a useful brickwall limiter for catching peaks (doesn't work on everything, but none the less pretty damn good) outstanding eq filters, and goes very deep into dynamic control. I would say it's really for mastering, but as a pre mastering tool it's excellent as well. The con's are, some will hate the gui, and it's pricey. For me, for pop mixes and masters, it's desert island material. ymmv.
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear
How about Oaksound Soothe?
Old 1st February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Vertigo VSM3
+1
Old 1st February 2019
Deleted e71ab78
I always have Klanghelm VUMT first in the chain.

Airwindows ClipOnly at the end but I never push into it.

Currently I'm running -

Airwindows Spiral2
Airwindows Buttercomp
Airwindows StudioTan

I don't like too much heavy processing on the buss, I prefer keeping it subtle but it depends what the song calls for.. I am most likely going to get crave eq as I'd like a low cpu eq option for making small adjustments that I really trust in but generally I like it simple.
Old 2nd February 2019
Gear Head

I'm using Goodhertz "Tone Control" to make balance at very first of mixing.
Old 2nd February 2019
Gear Guru
Gotta say so great seeing a lot of love for Airwindows on GS. Hope people are contributing to his Patreon....
Old 2nd February 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by engmix View Post
Wholegrain Digital DynPEQ...akin to a high end version of the TC Electronic's Finalizer in the box. Has mid / side, d.c. cut / a useful brickwall limiter for catching peaks (doesn't work on everything, but none the less pretty damn good) outstanding eq filters, and goes very deep into dynamic control. I would say it's really for mastering, but as a pre mastering tool it's excellent as well. The con's are, some will hate the gui, and it's pricey. For me, for pop mixes and masters, it's desert island material. ymmv.
I have never heard of these guys. I need to look into how pricey. Sometimes pricey bad GUI plugins are secret weapons

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search