The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Top distortion plugs for synths 2019
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear
Top distortion plugs for synths 2019

Hi guys, what's everyone recommending for distortion plugins for synths these days?
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear
The new logic phat and step effects are pretty good
Old 30th January 2019
Gear Maniac
The new "Distroyer" plugin in Cubase 10 is really good. I'm using it on a bassline i made with a Moog Grandmother. I'm sure there are lots of options. Heck, get the free Mercuriall tubescreamer plugin and give that a go. Hrmm maybe i'll try that...
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear
I'm a studio one user so it rules out a couple suggestions, but ill grab that freebie and give it a whirl.

Any other suggestions are welcome too. thanks
Old 30th January 2019
I've actually had some very fun results from running synth and other keyboard sounds through Native Instruments Guitar Rig. The Fender Deluxe Reverb modeler sounds really nice and if you crank the gain it breaks up like crazy. The Plex and Vox models are great too. Technically I guess this is an overdrive effect rather than distortion but the end results are similar.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Same as usual - SDRR, Airwindows ToTape and IronOxide, decapitator, Ferox, Audio damage Fuzz, Bias Distortion pedal, any guitar amp modeler at hand... the list is long and the colors are very different.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
Same as usual - SDRR, Airwindows ToTape and IronOxide, decapitator, Ferox, Audio damage Fuzz, Bias Distortion pedal, any guitar amp modeler at hand... the list is long and the colors are very different.
Thanks for the list
Old 31st January 2019
Here for the gear

Sountoys Decapitator. UAD Culture Vulture and VSM-3.

They each have their own brand of sweetness.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Softube Saturation Knob gets heavy use here...
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
Thanks for the list
Add Ignite Amplification amps and stompboxes models - they are free but very good.
Old 31st January 2019
Gear Addict

Im using Crush Pack from NI a lot lately, with the 3 plugins you get a very versatile range of textures.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

There's a thread around here somewhere with some good stuff...I think it had the word "crazy" in the title. I'll post if I find.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

This suggests to me “new” plugins, released most recently. In light of that, the one that comes to mind most is the Elysia Phil’s Cascade. Possibly the more grittier elements of Byome too.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
There's a thread around here somewhere with some good stuff...I think it had the word "crazy" in the title. I'll post if I find.
Top 5 Useful Crazy Effects Plugins
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.billington View Post
This suggests to me “new” plugins, released most recently. In light of that, the one that comes to mind most is the Elysia Phil’s Cascade. Possibly the more grittier elements of Byome too.
thanks
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
wow, tons of stuff to go through here, thanks man
Old 31st January 2019
Gear Maniac

I really like Melda MWaveFolder, CamelCrusher and Guitar Rig with my hard & soft synths.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search