The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
From Live 10 to Cubase 10 Pro - what a bad idea?
Old 28th January 2019
Gear Head

From Live 10 to Cubase 10 Pro - what a bad idea?

Thinking of changing from Ableton Live 10 to Cubase 10 Pro.

Been using live for 5 years but really I am mostly producing and Cubase just seems much more suitable for this with all the great workspace-options/views and midi-editing and audio recording. I also in some ways prefer the GUI which seems to make me feel more comfortable - it's looking working in construction using Love sometimes.

But live has really taken some strides recently - the colour coded favourite system, and the new although half-baked multiple midi-editing features, even the capture feature which has been in Cubase for a long time.

I just really don't use session view, and with a Komplete Kontrol s-series mk2 keyboard as my controller that is actually very annoying, as it is primarily geared for the session view (pressing record, records in session view not arrangement view eg).

On the other hand I am accustomed to the simplicity of Live, and Cubase feels heavy in comparison.

I own Live and it is a lot of money to get Cubase even with the student discount which I can get.

Anyone here made the change? What do you think?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search