The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to avoid aliasing in AA plug-ins Utility Plugins
Old 28th January 2019
  #1
Here for the gear
 

How to avoid aliasing in AA plug-ins

Apparently the mods at the AA forums won't allow threads which criticize their products, so I came here

How to avoid aliasing in Acustica Audio plug-ins? A lot of them introduce aliasing, but do not have an oversampling option. For me this is a concern because the whole point is to emulate hardware, and hardware does not introduce aliasing, so they should at least have an oversampling option
Old 28th January 2019
  #2
Lives for gear
 

Run at higher sample rate
Old 28th January 2019
  #3
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Run at higher sample rate
I did just that. Tried running it in at 96k and 192k, and I'm testing their plug-ins in PluginDoctor as well, with 96k in the configs. I don't if I'm doing something wrong, but almost all plug-ins introduce a bunch of aliasing
Old 28th January 2019
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward0 View Post
I did just that. Tried running it in at 96k and 192k, and I'm testing their plug-ins in PluginDoctor as well, with 96k in the configs. I don't if I'm doing something wrong, but almost all plug-ins introduce a bunch of aliasing
AA compressors aliases. The majority of Eqs and Pres don't.

There is a topic made by Wheelier that have good discussions about this.
Old 28th January 2019
  #5
Gear Maniac
 
DeNto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward0 View Post
Apparently the mods at the AA forums won't allow threads which criticize their products, so I came here

How to avoid aliasing in Acustica Audio plug-ins? A lot of them introduce aliasing, but do not have an oversampling option. For me this is a concern because the whole point is to emulate hardware, and hardware does not introduce aliasing, so they should at least have an oversampling option
Do you geniuses also make music or do you look at analyzers all day?
You people should focus more on how a plugin sounds rather than how technically perfect it is. I have a lot of Acustica plugins and I know a lot more algorythmic plugins that CLEARLY cause much more aliasing.
Look at Softube's Saturation Knob for example. But who cares? If it serves its purpose nobody gives a f***!
I really don´t know any Acustica audio plugin that has a strong aliasing and the constant bashing of Acustica audio annoys, not only me, extremely.
Old 28th January 2019
  #6
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNto View Post
Do you geniuses also make music or do you look at analyzers all day?
You people should focus more on how a plugin sounds rather than how technically perfect it is. I have a lot of Acustica plugins and I know a lot more algorythmic plugins that CLEARLY cause much more aliasing.
Look at Softube's Saturation Knob for example. But who cares? If it serves its purpose nobody gives a f***!
I really don´t know any Acustica audio plugin that has a strong aliasing and the constant bashing of Acustica audio annoys, not only me, extremely.
Every freaking thread it's the same bull****. Someone walks in and say "hey guys you should stop talking about technical stuff and make more music!"

With all respect, I do not care. This is not about making music, it's about ALIASING, just that. I know AA has good plug-ins, I know algos have aliasing, I know you can have great songs with aliasing in them, but I do not care
Old 5th February 2019
  #7
Lives for gear
 

There is no way to avoid aliasing in Acustica Audio for now except when running higher sample rate or using DMMF metaplugin which apparently let you oversample any plugin.
But regarding how CPU intensives they are, it will be a lot worse doing so.
Acustica are far from perfect despite what all the marketing can say.
Some are ready to embrace their issues and some thinks it's a scam. It's a love and hate relation with them apparently ^^.

Although don't give attention to guys saying : "Duh make music man !". Because you can do both : Make music but also wanting to know how a tool work and what is it doing to the sound.

You can see it as cooking : Some just say : "Duh man just cook !", and some others would like to see what is this additive that gives this ingredient the taste of a strawberry without being one.

Also every time you will talk about issues about Acustica, you'll have at least one guy saying you're bashing them. I don't know why... It happened the same thing with Plugin Alliance Magnum K and the conversation was really constructive and interesting which helps also to understand a few things about the plugin.

Acustica aliases a lot more than some other competitors. A lot less than others too.
They have a weird "digital limit" which won't let you make a compressor saturate too much for instance.
They've released plugins with a lot of bugs in them (echo bug etc...). They are still selling those plugins btw...
But at the same time they bring something new to the market.
So yeah =).
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
sidework / Music Computers
7

Forum Jump
Forum Jump