The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Echo Audiofire Mac driver released this week
Old 17th January 2019
Lives for gear
New Echo Audiofire Mac driver released this week

Echo Audio have just released Mac OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) drivers within the last few days for their Audiofire range....for anyone who's interested: Downloads - Mac OS X Software | Echo Digital Audio

Released on 15th Jan 2019, it's version 5.91
The Audiofire interfaces haven't been produced for several years, but this is a welcome release for those who still use them, even if they aren't listed as compatible with contemporary Mojav OSX.
Kudos to Echo tech support
Old 17th January 2019
Lives for gear

That's great to hear! Given that Echo no longer makes audio interfaces, anything should be considered a bonus at this point.
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bass View Post
That's great to hear! Given that Echo no longer makes audio interfaces, anything should be considered a bonus at this point.
I'm now on Yosemite 10.10.5 and the new driver is apparently crafted for the 'next' OSX (El Capitan)10.11.....but I'm not inclined to change to that OSX. I wonder if I'd gain anything by updating to the newly released driver....just because it's new ?
Old 31st January 2019
Gear Nut

I have Audiofire 2 on Mac os Sierra - new 5.9.1 driver produces error ("no fireworks3 file on path"). Previous 5.9 with old GUI still works.
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cltd View Post
I have Audiofire 2 on Mac os Sierra - new 5.9.1 driver produces error ("no fireworks3 file on path"). Previous 5.9 with old GUI still works.
It's interesting that Echo Audio only upgraded their driver to El Capitan status, and didn't go further to embrace Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave. I wonder if they ran into the same problems identified in this thread : MBP High Sierra and Mojave CoreAudio overload bug

If you can take the trouble to contact Echo support via their website's contact page, it would probably help them to fix it for yourself and others
Old 11th May 2019
Here for the gear

Hello, hate to bump this but I was given an audiofire 4 and happen to have an iMac with yosemite OS X. Having trouble getting to work with garageband, any help would be very helpful. I downloaded 5.9 from echos website and it's not recognizing the interface at all.

Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Kingsley it's worth also downloading the Audiofire manual from the Echo site, as that may have additional help for your situation, and Echo support are helpful (email via website)
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Finally I get to try out my old audiofire 2 – but the new app simply refuses to open a window on my mojave machine. It runs, but I cant use it without any gui.

Anyone else encountered this?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

I still have my AudioFire 4 working on a Mavericks machine. On the About page, it states that the console version is 5.7.6. When I just looked at the download page at the Echo website it skips from 5.7.1 to 5.9. I don't know if I have an updated version that is no longer available? Anyway, I do remember a few years ago trying to update the console and ruining my day. I reverted back and no problems since. I will be sad to see this thing go, it is easily the best audio purchase I have made considering price and total usage, just amazing.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search