The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Avid protools 2019 .... ? Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I fixed my previous post it. So everybody will be happy now....
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMusic View Post
There hasn't been a single thread I've read on GS that doesn't have that format to it...It isn't about the gear, it's about being intellectually smarter than the next guy and the willingness to type 10 pages of OT banter to prove why they are right....Whoever stops responding first is the loser...It's taken me quite awhile to form my own opinion about all the topics people love to argue about here....I try to keep them to myself as best as I can because the majority will want to waste my time telling me why I'm stupid for thinking that way....Most of the time, I start reading a thread with excitement about a product and leave mentally exhausted from all the side roads it took....Welcome to GS....moon
Indeed....
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Cause this is a thread about the new features in 2019.
It isn't though. There is no PT 2019, and there are no new features. We have 19 pages of banter, and each of us is involved in perpetuating the dribbling banter. If a mod feels that it should be more concise, they could delete about 17 pages. Prior to that, few post are more or less relevant to "PT 2019" than any others. So, again, I think we can relax and allow some humor to fall in. If that bothers anyone, they shouldn't get involved in the thread.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
All I want is the ability to ping hw insert delay compensation in a plugin. The current setup is archaic
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
It isn't though. There is no PT 2019, and there are no new features. We have 19 pages of banter, and each of us is involved in perpetuating the dribbling banter. If a mod feels that it should be more concise, they could delete about 17 pages. Prior to that, few post are more or less relevant to "PT 2019" than any others. So, again, I think we can relax and allow some humor to fall in. If that bothers anyone, they shouldn't get involved in the thread.

Aziak, the Avid of the comedy world. They are both less funny than they are just a little bit sad.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dance View Post
All I want is the ability to ping hw insert delay compensation in a plugin. The current setup is archaic
Well overdue! Reaper does it really well, with the ability to assign I/O, I/O metering and wet-dry mix control all from within the ReaInsert plugin.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
That should be included, but it's an easy thing to measure manually.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDStudios View Post
Aziak, the Avid of the comedy world. They are both less funny than they are just a little bit sad.
The Protools UI is pure comedy. 26 years in the making and it looks the same. It's like DOS Graphics from the 80s
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoir View Post
The Protools UI is pure comedy. 26 years in the making and it looks the same. It's like DOS Graphics from the 80s
I think you might need to get your eyes tested.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:

It's the offset that's the problem. Being limited to tenth of a millisecond measurements still means no guarantee for sample accurate phase alignment. Particularly now that Pro Tools supports both third party ASIO/Core Audio interfaces and third party digilink I/O, moving to even a simple, sample based offset seems like a pretty smart idea.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think you might need to get your eyes tested.
Ok Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well overdue! Reaper does it really well, with the ability to assign I/O, I/O metering and wet-dry mix control all from within the ReaInsert plugin.
How well does Reaper run on Mac OS? I might have to finally give it a go. Hearing too many good things about it lately.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
I'm a perpetual guy. I prefer to owe them nothing, and have them owe me nothing.

On my main iLok, I have PT 7, 8, 9, 10, 12. I sat 11 out and I'm sitting 2018 out. But I can go back and run any of those versions and sub versions. How does it work when you subscribe? Are you given the most recent version and updates over that year, but can't go back to earlier versions? If you subscribed today could you run the most recent version of 12?
The only company that comes to mind that I know allows people to buy the newest version and run any old version they want is Steinberg.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
How well does Reaper run on Mac OS? I might have to finally give it a go. Hearing too many good things about it lately.

Reaper runs great on OSX. It probably runs great on all of the operating systems it supports. Give it a spin. I use it regularly for multitrack recording in venues, but it has too many holes for what I need in the studio.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
The performance is good. The routing fabulous although the menu is not intuitive at all. Overall I hate it and is the Last daw I would choose among all of them (aside from proTools where, personally I would use if I could only open 3 tracks without having some sort of error).

Anyway, I don’t think is a daw that you can give it it a try. To learn it, I should say to set it, it takes loooooong time.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Easy with a few inserts. Hard with 32 as well as orb reverbs at different latencys. Also hard when it changes with each buffer, sample rate, and update! A plug-in to ping and then set can’t be that hard when every other daw has something similar
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thank you!
But, I don't charge you in advance, with annual subscription fee (and deliver cr_app) nor have reinstatement plan after that lapse. This is exclusively Avid's privilege. The sad part is pretty obvious....

Cheers!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Avid [email protected] 5 dollars down over 1% today.

Apple or Google could you please just buy them out......pretty please?

Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usgggg View Post
Avid [email protected] 5 dollars down over 1% today.

Apple or Google could you please just buy them out......pretty please?

Apple? So we can have another FCP X fiasco? No thanks. Apple as a new owner would be the absolute worst case scenario.

Alistair
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Easy with a few inserts. Hard with 32 as well as orb reverbs at different latencys. Also hard when it changes with each buffer, sample rate, and update! A plug-in to ping and then set can’t be that hard when every other daw has something similar
This is a true PIA. We are bitten from that issue in the past, while using a number of HW inserts. Play around with offsets made it workable with some small phase issues, but never went that route again...for obvious reasons.

In Studio One 4, the Pipeline XT is the best external HW integration ever used. Brilliant!

Cheers!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
Thank you!
But, I don't charge you in advance, with annual subscription fee (and deliver cr_app) nor have reinstatement plan after that lapse. This is exclusively Avid's privilege. The sad part is pretty obvious....

Cheers!
Perpetual guy here. I upgraded to PT 10 in 2011 and then to PT 12 in 2015, which i still run. Its cost me less to run PT than if i was subscribing to State's Everything bundle in that same period.

PT 12 is rock solid. I'll upgrade (perpetually) to 2019 at some point throughout this year (I think). I'll probably run that for another 3 or 4 years. If a decent build in 2019 doesn't show, I'll stay on PT 12 until 2020.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Perpetual guy here. I upgraded to PT 10 in 2011 and then to PT 12 in 2015, which i still run. Its cost me less to run PT than if i was subscribing to State's Everything bundle in that same period.

PT 12 is rock solid. I'll upgrade (perpetually) to 2019 at some point throughout this year (I think). I'll probably run that for another 3 or 4 years. If a decent build in 2019 doesn't show, I'll stay on PT 12 until 2020.
If you don't mind. Are you on PT Ultimate or Vanilla?
Because the reinstatement has big difference between the two.

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
Apple? So we can have another FCP X fiasco? No thanks. Apple as a new owner would be the absolute worst case scenario.
No sh!t!

Then there's the whole Mac Pro situation, too. Will a new one show in 2019? Will it be an actual Pro solution, or another non-upgradeable piece of Jony Ives art? I know a good few people that have left Apple (and their Logic) behind because they wanted a part of the i7/i9 fun... M.2 drives etc. And with AMD advancing again, the thirst for that power and flexibility may grow further.

Leave Apple to their iDevices, and don't turn PT into iTools.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Thank you!

Cheers!

You don't charge at all! You're more like Apple in that regard, waiting in the periphery, ready to push your latest venture onto whomever is right in front of you. With no "remind me later" option in the dialogue box.

For many, it is probably more a question of deduction verse depreciation.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

[QUOTE=LDStudios;13804569]....ready to push your latest venture onto whomever is right in front of you.
/QUOTE]

My dear, the heat wave down there, might hurt you a bit.
The previous posts in this thread are still here for everyone to see.

You came over me defending Avid, because what i post are legit arguments and cause some pain, to them who are affiliated or have some other relationship with the company. You are biased and it is pretty obvious so far. Are you a dealer or affiliated with Avid? If so, it is better for you to declare it because there is no any other logical explanation why you still argue with me. I don't remember to refer to you in person, except the last few posts you insist to come against me.
You don't like my opinions about Avid....OK GREAT! Please hit the ignore button and move on....

Thank you!
Old 1 week ago
Quote:

My dear, the heat wave down there, might hurt you a bit.
The previous posts in this thread are still here for everyone to see.

You came over me defending Avid, because what i post are legit arguments and cause some pain, to them who are affiliated or have some other relationship with the company. You are biased and it is pretty obvious so far. Are you a dealer or affiliated with Avid? If so, it is better for you to declare it because there is no any other logical explanation why you still argue with me. I don't remember to refer to you in person, except the last few posts you insist to come against me.
You don't like my opinions about Avid....OK GREAT! Please hit the ignore button and move on....

Thank you!

I'm not arguing, I am just having a laugh. You know... humour, and comedy. Why so serious all of a sudden? Don't tell me that you can't take a joke, Aziak??? Avid must have really ruined your week.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

...how comes i read "avoid' protools 2019?!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

[QUOTE=LDStudios;13804588]
Quote:

I'm not arguing....

Well, different definition for argument then. One can judge on its own...

Quote:
You don't charge at all! You're more like Apple in that regard, waiting in the periphery, ready to push your latest venture onto whomever is right in front of you. With no "remind me later" option in the dialogue box.

For many, it is probably more a question of deduction verse depreciation.

Also, if that is your humour or your attempt to get funny.....oh boy....you luck some serious talent. Better keep defending Avid, you excel at that part.

Quote:
Avid must have really ruined your week.
The only thing Avid manage to ruin, is their user base and what a great job they do on that!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Let it go fellas...
Let it go.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you don't mind. Are you on PT Ultimate or Vanilla?
Because the reinstatement has big difference between the two.

Thanks!
Both. Although my iLok assets are still listed as Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD. I don't find $999 for Ultimate that bad, though... particularly if I run it for 3 or 4 years.

I certainly prefer the old way where I might get updates for 2-3 years after buying, say PT 10, but so be it. Nobody is forcing me to upgrade. I have Dolby Atmos and Ambisonics in PT 12. I'm STILL in no rush to update. I'll see what happens with whatever their doing to the engine.

There's also very little I'm starting to NEED from Ultimate as well. Delay compensation on sidechains is nice... but I'm sure that will arrive in Vanilla soon. Tracking say 16 to 24 mics and sending out 4-6 headphone mixes still feels better with HDX, too, but... Intel and AMD are delightfully fighting it out and reducing that with each generation, too.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search