The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neutron 2 does not support control surfaces??
Old 23rd December 2018
Neutron 2 does not support control surfaces??

iZotope products map very poorly to my Behringer BCR2000. With the EQ modules, for instance, the control is too coarse to let me do precise cuts.

I contacted iZotope about this and they replied that control surfaces are currently not supported, but that they were happy to remind the development team about this.

I've tried googling as well as searching this forum specifically and was very surprised that almost nobody seems interested in this issue, except I found that iZotope gave another guy the exact same reply when he contacted them about control surface mapping in regard to Ozone 7 Advanced (I was asking about the latest version). So it seems this is far from a priority.

Neutron and Ozone are great tools, but I want to control them without looking at the screen and without using the keyboard or mouse all the time. Am I the only person who feels this way? For expensive products like these, lack of control surface support is unacceptable IMO.
Old 13th January 2019
Surprised that nobody has responded. Is everyone content with using the mouse and keyboard?
Old 13th January 2019
Lives for gear
I use with my Slate RAVEN just fine.
Old 14th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
I use with my Slate RAVEN just fine.
Well sure, but a raven is not mapping the plugin to physical knobs and faders like just about any other control surface. It's just a fancy trackpad really.
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermal View Post
Well sure, but a raven is not mapping the plugin to physical knobs and faders like just about any other control surface. It's just a fancy trackpad really.
This is one of the reasons I no longer use hardware control surfaces. They are too generic and do not map plugins correctly.

You’re also incorrect about it being a fancy Trackpad. I have a Trackpad and it’s no near as powerful as using the RAVEN software.
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

dFader from devil technologies can do this if you have a touch screen. You touch any knob/slider on the screen and you have instant control with whatever controller you assigned to dFader.
Old 14th January 2019
So is nobody interested in controlling izotope plugins with MCU units or generic midi CC controllers? I'm not going to buy a touchscreen just because izotope can't get this fundamental feature right.

I don't think I've come across any other plugins where the mapping doesn't work with my bcr2000. There has to be people out there who like tweaking knobs without looking at a screen. Isn't it reasonable to expect that expensive software supports mapping like any freebie does?
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

I agree, it seems very negligent to me that controller mapping isn’t properly implemented. I have the same issue with IK Multimedia. I get the impression that they aren’t interested either.
Old 3rd February 2019
Here for the gear

I for one would dearly love to see a dedicated hardware controller for Neutron/Ozone/Nectar. Kind of like a Console One type thing where it works on the currently selected track. I even considered building one for a while, but it fell into the too hard basket...
I’d also love to see an iZotope DAW with all their plugins fully integrated!
I can dream...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search