The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Saffire Pro40 ADAT output issue solved
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Saffire Pro40 ADAT output issue solved

Posting in case it can help anyone using these old Pro40s. I was banging my head on this and finding zero information, and only one other post on a Logic discussion board which felt like the same issue. Greg at Focusrite support was great, spent time with it, and found the solution.

Issue was setting up two ADAT-connected Pro40s for 16 i/o, (Mac pro 5,1, Sierra, but not sure if it matters) I could get 8 out from FW connected unit (DAW 3-10), but could never get the full 8 out via ADAT (DAW 11-18) on the standalone unit, DAW 17-20 were going nowhere, not showing any signals in MixControl channels. Noticed "mirrored" signals to DAW 1-4 were the only way to get signal at DAW 17-20.

Greg eventually found the issue in their database and recommended an install of the MixControl software 3.8b1 which included removing all traces of prior versions. It prompted to update firmware on the FW connected unit after install/restart, which I did, and once I was able to get it to lock again, i've got the full 18 out. Big exhale, thanks to Greg!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search