The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee Quartet - undo registration when selling device? Audio Interfaces
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Apogee Quartet - undo registration when selling device?

Hi guys,

I have an Apogee Quartet that I want to sell. I registered the device when I purchased it.

Do I have to undo the registration somehow so that the new owner can use it with his computer (and under his name)? Anything else I have to keep in mind?

The apogee website doesn't say a word about transferring a registration or anything related…

Thanks!
David
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Yes. You contact Apogee and transfer the serial number to the new owner. I sold my Quartet and asked the same thing. Apogee have a very good online chat support.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundSlinger View Post
Yes. You contact Apogee and transfer the serial number to the new owner. I sold my Quartet and asked the same thing. Apogee have a very good online chat support.
great, Thanks for your help! I didn't see a chat support, it is probably not available during the weekend…

Do I have to tell them who the new owner is or do they just reset it?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Honestly, I can't remember how it went down. I just remember asking the online chat before I sold it and then did something once I knew the new owner. I remember it was no effort to do. As I remember it has to happen to allow the next user to get the Apogee software and to be able to use it. The online chat thing normally pops up bottom right corner of their homepage, where it says "Help?" now. I'm guessing it's a Mon-Fri thing...
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundSlinger View Post
Honestly, I can't remember how it went down. I just remember asking the online chat before I sold it and then did something once I knew the new owner. I remember it was no effort to do. As I remember it has to happen to allow the next user to get the Apogee software and to be able to use it. The online chat thing normally pops up bottom right corner of their homepage, where it says "Help?" now. I'm guessing it's a Mon-Fri thing...
again, thanks a lot for your help!
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

You need to contact apogee. They will tell you what is the step.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search