The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rackmount server setup for DAWs - what to buy?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Rackmount server setup for DAWs - what to buy?

Hey all,

I've decided to bite the bullet and get serious about making music. Seeing as my day job is network security, I'm super interested in building and optimizing a rack for the express purpose of composing music. That being said, I'm no datacenter engineer; I'm not exactly sure what to prioritize when it comes to choosing the best mobos and expansion cards for the musical equivalent of a battlestation (not to mention cable management and patching).

I'm going to be keeping each DAW on a separate motherboard, but beyond that, I haven't yet figured out my shopping list.
Old 1 week ago
Are you talking along the lines of using a multi-computer Ethernet based network, with say something like Vienna Ensemble Pro? If so, any suitable type computers will network in the way you'd need, so building or buying rack mount computers should be no different. As for your particular required specs, that's another story that you'd have to give more detail on.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I dont understand what you wanna say.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search