The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EastWest libraries from Best Service wrong size
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

EastWest libraries from Best Service wrong size

Hello,

So I have noticed something. I have already contacted the EastWest support about it. Best Service claims their EastWest libraries to be up-to-date and gathered from the official EastWest HDDs.

I've bought the following libraries from bestservice.de:
  • RA
  • Stormdrum 2
  • Stormdrum 3
  • Hollywood Strings Diamond
  • Hollywood Brass Diamond
  • Hollywood Woodwinds Diamond
  • Hollywood Percussion Diamond
  • Hollywood Solo Violin Diamond
  • Hollywood Solo Cello Diamond
  • Hollywood Harp

The first three libraries were downloaded from the EW Installation Center directly, because I needed to enter a code and I was able to download the correct libraries.

Now I‘ve downloaded the Hollywood Orchestra Diamond Series (the last seven from the list) and rummaged around the folders. The first thing I notice, but I don‘t know if this is intended, is, that some sample files are missing. The following example (here the Strings Diamond) is existent in several subfolders:

I‘ve compared my folder sizes with a screenshot EW has sent me. On the left-hand side you can see my download. This example is the Brass Diamond. In the centre I re-downloaded it to make sure the downloads were okay. The size is identical, except one or two ones, because additional files get created when linking the libraries with the EW Installation Center. Also, I used different extracting apps. On the right-hand side this is a screenshot of the Brass Diamond EW has mailed me. The difference in the amount of files is very big! The folder size is differing by a bunch of gigabytes:

Take a look at the "last changed" dates of the folders. The Best Service folders are from 2013, while the EW folders were changed 2017 the last time. I think there were several updates since 2013. Unfortunately the EW Installation Center can't update the Hollywood Diamond libraries. I tried to delete some round robins, and sometimes Play 6 hasn‘t noticed that when trying to play a note a hundred times. Usually you‘d get an error message.

EW has told me to send them a hard drive and they would give me their actual files, but since Best Service thinks my folder size is the same, macOS Mojave is showing it differently and I should just use it, I don‘t know if this is a good idea.

I also don‘t want to send the HDD to EastWest, because I‘d pay taxes and expensive shipping (living in Germany), and I don‘t know whether my folders are wrong or I am missing a fact here.

Can someone, who has bought the Hollywood Diamond palette from EastWest directly, right-click one or two folders and post it here? I‘d like to see the sizes and last-changed dates.

Last edited by Horizon7777; 1 week ago at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Context correction
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Nobody?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I can do it when I'm in the studio tomorrow. Hope I don't forget.
Old 7 hours ago
Here for the gear

That would be great! I‘m looking forward to it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search