The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Preview and Safari not playing all audio
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Preview and Safari not playing all audio

Hello

I have as asio sound card. (Steinberg MR-816csx)
Connected to a MacBook Pro 15-inch 2017 running Mojave 10.14.1

This issue has been plaguing me for sometime now.

Some 'audio' and 'video's audio' will not play on the asio soundcard.
In safari some video will not play unless I change the settings back to the internal speakers. The same video opened in chrome will play on the asio sound card just fine.

Also some audio files will not preview on the desktop.
eg: a WAV file when you mouse over you get a play button. Some of these will play but there is no audio with the asio card.

Any insights sure will be appreciated
Thanks
Tom
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Try hitting Space bar (select actual audio file). If it plays normal then there's something with application and it's internal audio decoding. I think.

Krešo
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thank you for the reply biksonije
The space bar opens the player but still no audio unless I have the internal speakers selected.
T
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

And you did routing of an audio signal correctly? Take a look into your audio and midi setup (system-wise) and try there. If I'm not mistaken, there you should be able to adjust your Steinberg as an system-sounds and all audio device for both playback and record!

It is mac and IT SHOULD work!

Krešo
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Krešo

Everything seems to be in order there. I guess that is why some of the files play like they should.
I have dissected the file info on the files that play and on the ones that won't. they look to be the same to me.
All files play in iTunes.

And I agree the Mac has been very good.
This is a trivial problem that has an easy work around, Im just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and figured it out

T
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search