The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Uad Apollo x16 vs Apogee Symphony mk2
Old 7th November 2018
Here for the gear

Uad Apollo x16 vs Apogee Symphony mk2

Has anyone compared the converters on these units, how does the new Apollo x16 stack up against the Symphony mk2?
Old 24th November 2018
Here for the gear

i would also like to know this!
Old 26th November 2018
Lives for gear

APOGEE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Seriously though. Unless you want the UAD workflow, the APOGEE is in another league sound quality wise.. both can give you pro results though. (there are tons of billboard hits with far less optimal converters, and these two are excellent)
Old 27th November 2018
Here for the gear

have you tried both side by side?
Old 27th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromie View Post
have you tried both side by side?
Yes... never been impressed by uad interfaces sonically.
Old 19th February 2019
Here for the gear

I have the Apollo 8 blackface and the New Apollo X16. The New Apollo X16 is a totally different beast from all the previous generation Apollo’s. The conversion is on another level. Before I purchased it I was in Vintage King here in Nashville TN. My salesman told me here heard the Apollo X16 up against the Symphony & Antelope. He swears it’s right there with them. I’ve never heard Symphony or Antelope for myself but I can tell you the X16 that’s high quality. I’m glad I bought it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney D View Post
My salesman told me here heard the Apollo X16 up against the Symphony & Antelope. He swears it’s right there with them. I’ve never heard Symphony or Antelope for myself but I can tell you the X16 that’s high quality. I’m glad I bought it.
Sounds like something a salesman would say

Any other x16 Users that can comment on conversion quality compared to Symphony or Aurora Lynx (N)?

I have the x16 as my dedicated 16 Channel interface for my summing mixer. The sonics do not blow me away per se. Especially on the D/A side for mastering purposes.

I will confirm it is a major step up from the blackface models.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

This is gearslutz. Buy both.

I personally would buy 2 x Apollo 16 to solve my specific problems so I can use UAD Console 2.0 hardware monitoring and plugin support because that fits my needs and workflow which I would like to use as a digital mixer for hardware synths. I was very close to doing this with the Apollo 16mkII when they were closing out for $1800. The conversion difference between and Apogee and the Apollo 16 didn't even factor as an issue for my use case. I currently have an Symphony 8x8 mk1, which of course, has perfectly outstanding conversion which I never think about.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search