The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apollo Twin vs x6 Audio Quality
View Poll Results: Better Audio Quality
Apollo Twin
0 Votes - 0%
Apollo x6
3 Votes - 100.00%
Antelop Zen Tour
0 Votes - 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Apollo Twin vs x6 Audio Quality

Hi Everyone, I was hoping to get some insight into whether there's a difference in audio quality (Mic Preamps) between the x6 apollo's and the twin one.

I'm leaning towards Universal Audio because of their plugins, but should i consider Antelope or Apoge?

PS. if it matters, this is meant to work with a PC, so if you know of driver problems please share your thoughts.

THANK YOU!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

I'm on a similar boat... Antelope looks like a much better option, especially because of the free plugins for tracking but I just don't have the confidence that it's stable enough. Curious to see what people say.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Somewhat off topic ...

2 months ago I upgraded from my gen 1 Apollo to a gen 2 and got the BLA mod. When they teased the announcement for a new product and I was petrified they drop the QUAD2 Shark DSP for something new and force me through another expensive upgrade cycle.

This gen 2 is my last Apollo. I don’t like the coupling my audio interface lifecycle to my plugin lifecycle.

Next time around I’ll get an Apogee Symphony. It appears I nvestment protection is part of their value prop.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
This gen 2 is my last Apollo. I don’t like the coupling my audio interface lifecycle to my plugin lifecycle.
You don't have to use their interfaces to use their plugins. You can use a satellite.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Jazz View Post
You don't have to use their interfaces to use their plugins. You can use a satellite.
Yea, I have a satellite octo too. Bought it used on Reverb. Decoupling is the way to go IMHO.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

That's what I did, I've got a Satellite Quad here... not going back to Apollo.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search