The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Melodeon (Editor) vs AutoTune vs Waves Tune Pitch & Harmony Plugins
Old 11th October 2018
Here for the gear

Melodeon (Editor) vs AutoTune vs Waves Tune

Edit: PLEASE DELETE TOPIC! I didn't notice the autocorrection on the title.. Can't fix it now, I created a new topic:
Melodyne (Editor) vs AutoTune Pro vs Waves Tune

Hello musicians,

I got myself Logic Pro X and wanna record over already existing beats (for now, I wanna learn producing myself later on).
Therefore I want a pitch correction plug-in to optimize it and be able to transform the pitch as the song continues (This song (first part) is a good example:

I've read through every topic I could find on the net, still I'm not sure, so here goes a thread for my particular case.

My budget isn't that high so the options are Melodyne Editor, Waves Tune or AutoTune Pro. Currently Waves Tune runs an offer where you can get the Vocal Bundle (including WavesTune, DeBreath, Double, Renaissance Axe/Channel/DeEsser) for only 89€ (on another page 69€). On the other hand Melodyne Editor costs 377€, AutoTune Pro 349€. I know all of them are good. Unfortunately I'm in the need to choose.

Workflow is a nice thing, but to a certain degree I'd cut it for the plug-in that does the best job and lets me be creative. From what I've read Melodyne is the best choice (espacially since ARA2 for Logic is out), but is the Editor version too much of a restriction (it misses the Sound Editor /Multitracks) compared to WavesTune/AutoTune Pro?
I could still upgrade to Melodyne's studio version later on but Editor would need to be enough for vocal pitching (for now).

Any helping information is appreciated.

Regards,
Zator
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search