The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mac OS Performance along the time
Old 10th October 2018
Here for the gear

Mac OS Performance along the time

Hi everyone! I've been searching info on the entire site, as well as in the web, so I finally decided to share my thoughts.

I own a MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2014 (2,5 i7, 16Gb) and I work mainly in music production with Logic X. The computer works amazingly well under Mojave in general, but when it comes to push Logic to the limits, I feel I've lost a lot of performance against High Sierra, even Sierra and surely El Capitan. It's so noticeable than I'm seriously considering to roll back to Sierra, even to El Capitan. That's specially annoying on the graphics usage. On Mojave Logic uses to slow down because the annoying full usage of the Nvidia GeForce GT750M (almost the 100% of the graphics memory just starting the program ).

My Logic Pro version is the latest (10.4.2). There's anyone using Logic under El Capitan or El Sierra? Did anyone experience the same problems than me? Did anyone roll back from Mojave or High Sierra to previous Mac OS versions?

Thanks in advance (excuse my English)

Albert.
Old 10th October 2018
Lives for gear

I didn't have that problem, on my 2012 mini.

How much free space do you have on your system drive?

Old 10th October 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoubleyou View Post
I didn't have that problem, on my 2012 mini.

How much free space do you have on your system drive?

Around 100Gb, which is an 20% (500Gb SSD)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search