The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help upgrading my interface and changing studio workflow Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 4th October 2018
Here for the gear

Help upgrading my interface and changing studio workflow

Very long time lurker of this forum but I've finally gotten to the point where I need personalized advice...

My current interface is a Scarlett 18i8.

Problems:
1) I'm starting to buy some more effect pedals for guitars/hardware synths. I want to use them with softsynths as well. My interface doesn't have any Line Outs which means I would have to use the headphone out which will work fine for now but isn't a longterm solution.

2) Just generally trying to up the quality of my recordings so I figure now is a good time to get a better interface.

Needs:
  • 2-4 Line Outs (flexible on this),
  • 2-4 Line Ins (flexible on this),
  • 1-2 Mic Preamps - planning on getting a dedicated Mic Preamp in the future...
  • <$1500 more or less is fine. Really not sure how much I need to spend here.
  • Does the connection protocol matter or is USB sufficient?
  • I'd appreciate something portable to use for gigging, but it's not a deciding factor.

Anything come to mind? Thank you all for your help!

P.S. - When I'm working on recordings with a large number of tracks am I bottle necked by the bandwidth with my interface, or by computer CPU. I've run into issue in the past where I had 50+ tracks and started having artifacts in my recordings. For that specific recording I managed to find a work around but I suspect it to occur again.
Old 5th October 2018
Here for the gear

Bump
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search