The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
MacOS 10.14 "Mojave": share your experiences here
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by locojohn View Post
Irony is that today after macOS 10.14.6 supplementary update my MOTU 828es is no longer recognizable by the OS. MOTU Discovery cannot detect it. I tried clean reinstall of the MOTU AVB drivers etc., but to no avail. I created a ticket with MOTU support, but at the moment the interface is unusable!

Andrejs
That sucks, but thats also why i keep auto update turned off.
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessDinosaur View Post
That sucks, but thats also why i keep auto update turned off.
That's a good idea. Then, if you do full system disk clones before manual system updates at non-critical times, you can go back and/or boot from the backup disk.
Old 7th September 2019
Lives for gear

Working great so far on my system below

with the Radeon Plus RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI GPU, I do not get the normal boot screen but it is not an issue at all really ,as the boot time is only about 40 seconds it is black for about 35 seconds then the grey with the progress bar goes for about 2 or 3 seconds and then desk top

PTHDN 2019.6 on OS 10.14.6 Mojave. boot drive SSD PCIe 512 GB Samsung SM951 ACHI,

The launch sessions times are about 8 to 15 seconds depending on session size They are stored and EVO 970 PCIe NVMe 1TB SSD-- with my FCPX files stored on a second EVO 970 PCIe 1 TB NVMe SSD.

Last edited by KevWind; 8th September 2019 at 08:26 PM..
Old 9th September 2019
Here for the gear

Mojave 10.14.6 not working with older MOTU hardware

Well, aso far I've got two issues:

1-
Número uno:
I forgot to turn it off auto and got screwed.

Mojave 10.14.6 won't even see my fw 8pres. Previous OS would see it and let me use them, not my other MOTU 896mk3 FW hybrid.

Now I can't use my old 8pres/896mk3 FW interfaces nor my monitor speakers.

Got an older iMac 2007 running LP 8. I know won't open my LPX Pro sessions, unless I export everything as audio files, right?

2-
(Número dos)
Purchased Waves' AbbeyRoadStudio3. LPX does not validate it. Tried chat tech assistance, went through the troubleshooting guide, after many unsuccessful tries managed to validate 2 of 3 plugins modules.

They are still not showing on my plugin list, tough. Auvatool app keeps cycling asking me to locate files, then LPX crashes... so I'm basically stuck.

Already wrote to Waves Tech support. Wonder when will they answer? I'm starting to feel being ripped off after paying 100 bucks for a plugin I can't even use. Never had this issue with other brands or products.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Still having the issue with starting core audio when using Logic Pro. On opening a project, Core audio doesn't start. Began with Mojave, wasn't fixed in latest update. Easy fix is just to exit Logic and immediately restart it, but it's getting a bit annoying.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentRenzo View Post
Mojave 10.14.6 won't even see my fw 8pres. Previous OS would see it and let me use them, not my other MOTU 896mk3 FW hybrid.
Which previous OS specifically?

Have you tried to disable SIP?:
  1. Hold down Command-R to reboot into Recovery Mode
  2. Click Utilities
  3. Select Terminal
  4. Type csrutil disable
  5. Reboot

Quote:
Purchased Waves' AbbeyRoadStudio3. LPX does not validate it. Tried chat tech assistance, went through the troubleshooting guide, after many unsuccessful tries managed to validate 2 of 3 plugins modules.

They are still not showing on my plugin list, tough. Auvatool app keeps cycling asking me to locate files, then LPX crashes... so I'm basically stuck.
Sounds like a Logic issue. Have you talked to that support as well? Or who was "chat tech assistance"?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Mojave 10.14.6 not working with older MOTU hardware

Update:

Finally found a solution that worked... using TimeMachine app, I went back to previous OS, Mojave 10.14.5. OS detected my Motu 896fw, and the waves ARS3 plugin got validated.

Turns out Mojave 10.14.6 has issues not only with older MOTU interfaces, it just won't work with waves plugins validation process.

To sum it up: I got a new MBP laptop and forgot to turn off auto update. That's what TM app is for, anyway.

Mikael B: thank you for your input.

Peace
-R.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Mojave is great. I'm running it on 3 Macs, including 2012 and 2018 Minis.
I have a 2012 i7 2.6 quad mini and a 2014 2.8 i5. Was thinking of setting the 2012 strictly for audio. What were your (or anyone’s) experiences with that in Sierra vs HS vs Mojave?
Old 2 weeks ago
Tui
Gear Guru

I never installed Sierra or High Sierra.

Mojave is great for audio. No issues whatsoever.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Update:

Finally found a solution that worked... using TimeMachine app, I went back to previous OS, Mojave 10.14.5. OS detected my Motu 896fw, and the waves ARS3 plugin got validated.

Turns out Mojave 10.14.6 has issues not only with older MOTU interfaces, it just won't work with waves plugins validation process.

To sum it up: I got a new MBP laptop and forgot to turn off auto update. That's what TM app is for, anyway.

Mikael B: thank you for your input.

Peace
-R.
I updated my iMac to Mojave 10.14.6 today. I use Logic Pro X, and an Audient ID44 - my Waves plugins seem to all be validated. according to the plugins manager in Logic. (I tried one just now and it was working normally.

I did not have trouble with other plugins with this Majave update.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmuse View Post
I have a 2012 i7 2.6 quad mini and a 2014 2.8 i5. Was thinking of setting the 2012 strictly for audio. What were your (or anyone’s) experiences with that in Sierra vs HS vs Mojave?
I have the same 2012 mac mini with 16gig of ram and dual ssd's. It runs the latest version of mojave. I use logic pro x and a motu 828es. Zero issues with the audio. Every once and a while my computer will want to go back to reading yhe internal soundcard for everything but its not a big deal. Just go in the settings and change it. Otherwise everything works very well.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Thank you. Do you find Mojave any slower or less responsive than Sierra or HS? Does it keep up with a general DAW session well?

I was thinking of having my current computer be mostly my graphics computer even though I'll still keep all the other stuff on it. But maybe make the 2012 for audio. I'm thinking about what the best use would be for it, and what system to stick with.

My current 2014 mini is Sierra, no issues, and that is being an i5 2.6, 2-core, ThunderBolt 2. The 2012 will be an i7 quad 2.6, TB 1. My external drives (for recording and sample storage) will still be in the Thunderbolt enclosure I have. I did wonder though, since HS and Mojave changes the file system, will that in any way affect my 2014 computer from accessing anything if I upgraded to HS or Mojave on the 2012? I think only the file system of the OS SSD drive is changed, not the external spinners?

Last edited by macmuse; 1 week ago at 10:48 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Only the internal drive will be formatted to APFS.

It is a perfect opportunity for a clean install of the OS.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmuse View Post
Thank you. Do you find Mojave any slower or less responsive than Sierra or HS? Does it keep up with a general DAW session well?

I was thinking of having my current computer be mostly my graphics computer even though I'll still keep all the other stuff on it. But maybe make the 2012 for audio. I'm thinking about what the best use would be for it, and what system to stick with.

My current 2014 mini is Sierra, no issues, and that is being an i5 2.6, 2-core, ThunderBolt 2. The 2012 will be an i7 quad 2.6, TB 1. My external drives (for recording and sample storage) will still be in the Thunderbolt enclosure I have. I did wonder though, since HS and Mojave changes the file system, will that in any way affect my 2014 computer from accessing anything if I upgraded to HS or Mojave on the 2012? I think only the file system of the OS SSD drive is changed, not the external spinners?
Unfortunately I cant help you with the file system info. When I went to mojave I upgraded when I was setting up the rig and never even used sierra or HS. My mac prior was really old and still running Lion. I can tell you the 2012 mini will do much better for recording. It will hyperthread making that quad run as an octo. One of the reasons the 2012 mini's fetch more money on the used market.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Is anyone else having issues after the last security update for Mojave? Logic won’t undo anything anymore and gives an error.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I just updgraded to Mojave (from Sierra) on my macbook pro mid-2012 (i7/16Gb RAM/SSD) and it's generally much smoother than Sierra (the fresh install did help of course - my system was full of $hit after a lot of instals/upgrades/modifications), but I've got some issues :

- Subpixel antialiasing issue : if you don't tweak the OS via Terminal, all texts are blurry on my non-retina machine and it looks terrible.
Here is the solution : https://www.howtogeek.com/358596/how...-antialiasing/
It doesn't solve everything (the pdf in the viewer are still a bit worst than in Sierra) but after that fix it looks better. Usable at least...
I find it absolutely incredible that Apple shows such disrespect to users running non Retina machines - but ok, it's Apple no ?

- Second issue : among all my plugins, the Arturia's Tube Sta is not recognized by Live 10, Repear 5.9 and reason 11. It crashes all of of them, and then doesn't appear in their browsers anymore. Arturia support didn't help at all (rescanning, reset preferences, re-installing plugin via Arturia Software Center... etc.), so I don't know what to do now...
The crazy stuff is that VCA-65 and FET-76 are ok on my system, so it's very weird.
And it looks like I'm the only one on the planet having this issue. Anybody there in the same situation ?
Old 1 week ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
Is anyone else having issues after the last security update for Mojave? Logic won’t undo anything anymore and gives an error.
No issues here...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
No issues here either.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I’ve found someone else who has had the same “can’t undo” issue and that was before the update so I’m ruling that out. Thx
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search