The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Superior Drummer 3: One year old. Are y'all lovin' it? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Superior Drummer 3: One year old. Are y'all lovin' it?

Now that everyone has had a chance to give it a thorough going over, I have a couple specific questions, though I'm open to general feedback, too.

Tracker: Is it as good as it looks? (I'm assuming that, if you're attempting to enhance a real drum kit, it's still necessary to manually check each hit for phase coherency.)

Stereo overheads: Is the snare located in the center of the stereo image or skewed to one side as in SD 2?

Tempo Mapping: If I have audio drum tracks that were not recorded to a click, can SD3 generate a tempo map that can be exported to my DAW?

Humanize: Have the humanize functions changed from SD2 or are they essentially the same?

Other: Any features that have blown you away or come up short of your expectations?

Thanks in advance.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Bueller?
Old 7 hours ago
Here for the gear

I'm taking one last crack at this.
Anyone?
Old 7 hours ago
Lives for gear

I like it.
Old 6 hours ago
Here for the gear

LOL. Thanks, David.
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

Love it. Spent the last few months building up and organizing drum samples from other drum software to use as stacks with SD3. Pretty incredible little known feature that lets you rob samples from other drum programmes and use them with SD3. I have long thought myself quite expert with SD products, but
a year in and no sign of making full use of all the resources Toontrack packed into this production tool. I relegate myself back to an advanced intermediate user.
Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug dog View Post
LOL. Thanks, David.
Just bumping the thread!

Honestly, I use it a often, but rarely touch the depth.

I enjoy the replacement feature a lot.

It sounds excellent.

And many of your questions are things I hadn’t even considered checking for.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search