The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ZED R16 Midi control in Adat slave mode? Mixers (Analog)
Old 15th September 2018
Here for the gear
ZED R16 Midi control in Adat slave mode?

I have a RME ff802 which I want to use as my main audio interface, and then connect the R16 to it via adat(so I can take advantage of the RME dsp effects while monitoring/tracking), I would get 16 more inputs from the R16.

Now, I would also like to use the midi daw control features from the ZED R16. So, if I also connect the ZED R16 to my 2nd firewire port on my computer, will the daw be able recognize it as a midi controller?

Is something like this possible?

Otherwise, the alternative is just to connect the zed r16 to the computer and use it simultaneously with the ff802 as an agregate device with a driver like asio4all and still get the midi control advantages that the ZED can offer. Is that possible?

Hope there's some ZED R16 users that have a similar setup here

Thanks!
Old 16th September 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeZar View Post
I have a RME ff802 which I want to use as my main audio interface, and then connect the R16 to it via adat(so I can take advantage of the RME dsp effects while monitoring/tracking), I would get 16 more inputs from the R16.

Now, I would also like to use the midi daw control features from the ZED R16. So, if I also connect the ZED R16 to my 2nd firewire port on my computer, will the daw be able recognize it as a midi controller?

Is something like this possible?

Otherwise, the alternative is just to connect the zed r16 to the computer and use it simultaneously with the ff802 as an agregate device with a driver like asio4all and still get the midi control advantages that the ZED can offer. Is that possible?

Hope there's some ZED R16 users that have a similar setup here

Thanks!
Later Edit: A few hours later I figured out it has a midi out...so that's probably how it all works...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search