The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
connecting firepod (FW 400 1394a) to new PC Audio Interfaces
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

connecting firepod (FW 400 1394a) to new PC

I am planning to buy a new PC based on a x299 board (or z370 but probably x299)
does it have old fashion PCI connection ?

my old PC had built in FW, so now I never had a need for a connector. for my presonus firepod. Now I will need to buy a FW 1394a connector and the only ones I see on the web are PCI based (also it has to have texas instruments chipset to make it work good)
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I'm using a PCIe Firewire 400/800 card with a T.I. chipset. Works perfectly with my MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid's firewire interface.

Most (all that I've seen) new motherboards that have a PCI slot are actually a "bridged" slot to the PCIe bus, not a true PCI slot and many PCI cards will not work or work properly with a bridged PCI slot.

Here is the SYBA card I'm using (and another user from a report on the Sonar forum):
Amazon.com: Syba SY-PEX30016 3 Port Firewire 1394B & 1394A PCIe 1.1 x1 Card TI XIO2213B Chipset: Computers & Accessories
Old 6 days ago
I have a Siig Firewire PCIe firewire 400 card in my build. It has a Texas Instruments chipset and works hassle free.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

PEX30016 working great here on Z370....
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Just so your aware there are no Win 10 drivers for FP. The last drivers are for Win 7 64 SP2. Maybe they'll work on in 10 but no guarantee.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search