The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is Acustica Audio...
Old 11th September 2018
  #61
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
In related news, someone at the AA aqua thread is claiming
that if acustica does not get a Grammy next year,
"the system is rigged".

No further comment from me.
Maybe he's a democrat!
Old 11th September 2018
  #62
Lives for gear
 
stinkyfingers's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vze26m98 View Post
I also found that in RX6, the first "process" with Acustica plugins wasn't reliable. The second and following produced repeatable results.
ok, i can confirm this...(RX5)
it happens when changing settings, too. (switching through different pre amp models, for example) the first process is f'd, the next few seem fine, although artifacts still vary slightly .

Last edited by stinkyfingers; 11th September 2018 at 10:19 AM..
Old 11th September 2018
  #63
Lives for gear
 
vze26m98's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkyfingers View Post
ok, i can confirm this...(RX5)
Appreciate the effort, Stinky, thanks!
Old 11th September 2018
  #64
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
Maybe he's a democrat!
Careful, you are on thin ice there!
Old 11th September 2018
  #65
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
Careful, you are on thin ice there!
Old 12th September 2018
  #66
Gear Maniac
 
ilalin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
The OP has not checked in ...and this thread smells like click bait for the tired old rhetoric we so often hear concerning subjective entities like sound and music.

To my mind, AA offers a very generous 30 day fully functioning trial.

I am not sure why anyone would be wanting opinions from strangers on the internet, compared to their own tastes and preferences which they ought to be intimately familiar with.

I don't even own a third of AA's products. I own and love plenty of algos which I use everyday. True for both is that I tried them and I liked them.

I am just now on the trial for Henry Q. So far I like this EQ a lot. I might buy it.
Negative ghostwriter.
No click baits here. I am busy with bioinformatics as my daily job and three kids at nights so no time to check often.
Thank you for amazing replies everyone, so far.
Old 12th September 2018
  #67
Lives for gear
All you really need to know in this never ending nebula debate is that neb/acqua plugs (VVKT) is the biggest scam since the waves WUP.

Get a set of modern/great algos, run your sessions at 88 or 96, and forget about those stupid, overblown, audio arftifacting, buggy, slow, greedy (Cpu and drive space) plugs and stop drinking the Italian koolaid.

Most of us learned this a few years back but some still seem hypnotized by the PR, Rendered GUIs and tech-speak. I've demoed everything they do, I've mixed with them, I learned from my mistakes. Algos are perfectly good enough with none of the drawbacks, and rarely do they affect the source in strange/unwanted ways that builds up through a mix that can sometimes be mixed but just be harder to get mixed because of it (that AA often come out months after admitting there was a sound fault and NOW they've finally.. really.. honestly.. fixed it this time). Mixing with tons of neb/aa = fake, glossy (in a bad way as in in-organic), sheeny, plastic mix. When you A/B on a single source the effect at first may be tempting, but on a real/full mix? PASS! There's a reason you never see any pro mixers using nebula, or if some guy does it's ONE instance, Tchad Blake, Schepss and other ITB guys do not use nebula/AA all over, if at all. Pensado basically says nice stuff about everything, he's a nice guy, so don't trust his take on that AA plug he raved about a while back. He goes through more phases than the friggin' moon.

Basically you're paying stupid high prices for buggy software that is essentially some geek's hobby project that he just won't let go, even though algos and modern CPU speed is more than good enough to create very good plugs without resorting to 'sampling' tones through gear and writing overblown 'game engine level' code just to get them to a job, like compression, which they STILL can't do right.

Honestly, neb fans, you've all been had. You were probably comparing a half decent neb EQ against some ****ty old waves eq from 2003 @ 44.1k and felt the neb one was better (so.. choosing the better of two bad ones). Very rarely do neb fans come from being heavy users of modern/great algo plugs @ 88k or higher, because we know it's all BS and the mix engineer, monitors, room and recorded sources come first... and then the truth about plugs is revealed, some sound better some often worse, but nebula is the only one that does weird **** to your audio that it shouldn't (outside of aliasing in low quality Algo plugs of the past).


Give one guy the entire catalog of AA Acqua plugs to use only, and another guy the (to choose my 2 fav ITB comp/eq) Arouser and PSP's stunning E27 eq to use as his only comp/eq.


I could guess who'll have the better mix and do it faster, with less expense and less resource hogging (the algo guy who chose great algo plugs)

Last edited by Pro5; 12th September 2018 at 07:52 PM..
Old 12th September 2018
  #68
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro5 View Post
All you really need to know in this never ending nebula debate is that neb/acqua plugs (VVKT) is the biggest scam since the waves WUP.

Get a set of modern/great algos, run your sessions at 88 or 96, and forget about those stupid, overblown, audio arftifacting, buggy, slow, greedy (Cpu and drive space) plugs and stop drinking the Italian koolaid.

Most of us learned this a few years back but some still seem hypnotized by the PR, Rendered GUIs and tech-speak. I've demoed everything they do, I've mixed with them, I learned from my mistakes. Algos are perfectly good enough with none of the drawbacks, and rarely do they affect the source in strange/unwanted ways that builds up through a mix that can sometimes be mixed but just be harder to get mixed because of it (that AA often come out months after admitting there was a sound fault and NOW they've finally.. really.. honestly.. fixed it this time). Mixing with tons of neb/aa = fake, glossy (in a bad way as in in-organic), sheeny, plastic mix. When you A/B on a single source the effect at first may be tempting, but on a real/full mix? PASS! There's a reason you never see any pro mixers using nebula, or if some guy does it's ONE instance, Tchad Blake, Schepss and other ITB guys do not use nebula/AA all over, if at all. Pensado basically says nice stuff about everything, he's a nice guy, so don't trust his take on that AA plug he raved about a while back. He goes through more phases than the friggin' moon.

Basically you're paying stupid high prices for buggy software that is essentially some geek's hobby project that he just won't let go, even though algos and modern CPU speed is more than good enough to create very good plugs without resorting to 'sampling' tones through gear and writing overblown 'game engine level' code just to get them to a job, like compression, which they STILL can't do right.

Honestly, neb fans, you've all been had. You were probably comparing a half decent neb EQ against some ****ty old waves eq from 2003 @ 44.1k and felt the neb one was better (so.. choosing the better of two bad ones). Very rarely do neb fans come from being heavy users of modern/great algo plugs @ 88k or higher, because we know it's all BS and the mix engineer, monitors, room and recorded sources come first... and then the truth about plugs is revealed, some sound better some often worse, but nebula is the only one that does weird **** to your audio that it shouldn't (outside of aliasing in low quality Algo plugs of the past).


Give one guy the entire catalog of AA Acqua plugs to use only, and another guy the (to choose my 2 fav ITB comp/eq) Arouser and PSP's stunning E27 eq to use as his only comp/eq.


I could guess who'll have the better mix and do it faster, with less expense and less resource hogging (the algo guy who chose great algo plugs)
Oh God, he's back!!

I wondered how long it would take you to make your appearance on this thread. I lost my bet by two days.

Mate, one of these days I'm gonna have to seek you out and wash your ears out with soap and water.

No-one is interested in your views of AA anymore. Move on buddy please.
Old 12th September 2018
  #69
Lives for gear
 

AA is a scam, but only if you compare with the best algo, aka PSP E27. Got it.
Old 12th September 2018
  #70
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
Never mind... For some reason seams that AA grows rapidly.
Probably there is a lot of people who adore this kind of scam, including myself.
However life is not just black or white - I like also many good algorithms - haven't tried yet PSP E27 because for this type of sound I'm already covered.

peace
Old 12th September 2018
  #71
Gear Addict
 

Depends on the definition of a scam, and what aspects of the
product and after sales service are included.

For example:

Right now AA is in pre-release of 2 products
simultaneously (magenta 4 and gold 2).
A new product is already in the wings for release next week
and another major platform (modula) to follow soon.

The majority of discussion in the corresponding threads
is about the endless bugs and inability to answer to support
requests even by paying customers for purchased
products. Check the threads if you doubt it.

A post was released today by the support group who said
that they receive 10,000 emails requesting support per
month!!! This after their founder has stated on numerous
occasions that the aquarious installer has reduced
support tickets by a order of magnitude or more.

Clearly the company's obvious and even self-admitted
tolerance of bugs and indifference (8 weeks/year that support
is on vacation and basically not answering)
has put it in a position that numerous old and new bugs will
go on for ever and effective support will be impossible to get for
most cases.

Yet the release schedule seems to have increased instead of going down:
1-2 new or radically redone products/month and if you count separate plugins
in a bundle it is more like 5-10 new plugins/month!!!

Is this a scam which implies intentional fraud?
Maybe that is too storng a word, but certainly AA is
not within normal bounds of responsible company behavior
and established norms of respect to customers and their investment
in the products as professional grade tools as far as bugs, quality control
and support are concerned. Deceptive behavior about other aspects
of the business could also be argued but that is another topic...
Old 12th September 2018
  #72
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
I have and use in a daily basis a lot of Aquas and N4 in my studio and I don't have seen any bug or issue that will affect my works.
Am I just a lucky guy? Surely when a new product is coming up, there are some issues. In my experience I see that they resolve until about after 2-3 weeks the most, - always in their "pre-order" period. What is so bad? Why this hate for this technology from some people?
Tools are tools - I use whatever make my job easier, creative and good sounding. I have in my arsenal plugins from many developers.
If for some reason I don't like something (after I've tried it), I simply ignore it and keep going with my favourites.
I don't understand and I don't accept any kind of negativism because it is always a loss of time. And negativism is feeding by negativism.
A bad sounding loop. A mess.
Old 12th September 2018
  #73
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
Depends on the definition of a scam, and what aspects of the
product and after sales service are included.

For example:

Right now AA is in pre-release of 2 products
simultaneously (magenta 4 and gold 2).
A new product is already in the wings for release next week
and another major platform (modula) to follow soon.

The majority of discussion in the corresponding threads
is about the endless bugs and inability to answer to support
requests even by paying customers for purchased
products. Check the threads if you doubt it.

A post was released today by the support group who said
that they receive 10,000 emails requesting support per
month!!! This after their founder has stated on numerous
occasions that the aquarious installer has reduced
support tickets by a order of magnitude or more.

Clearly the company's obvious and even self-admitted
tolerance of bugs and indifference (8 weeks/year that support
is on vacation and basically not answering)
has put it in a position that numerous old and new bugs will
go on for ever and effective support will be impossible to get for
most cases.

Yet the release schedule seems to have increased instead of going down:
1-2 new or radically redone products/month and if you count separate plugins
in a bundle it is more like 5-10 new plugins/month!!!

Is this a scam which implies intentional fraud?
Maybe that is too storng a word, but certainly AA is
not within normal bounds of responsible company behavior
and established norms of respect to customers and their investment
in the products as professional grade tools as far as bugs, quality control
and support are concerned. Deceptive behavior about other aspects
of the business could also be argued but that is another topic...
Your language is way over the top IMO.

I like the idea of Public Beta's. And AA now makes it very clear that things can go wrong in early releases. That is not a scam. Users are not compelled to dive in until full release and any bugs are fixed.

I use a lot of AA plug ins in my template and they NEVER cause any problems for me. I think I have raised about 2 or 3 tickets in the last 5 years and they have always got answered promptly. However, I appreciate that some users have had problems (although I think this tends to be system dependant) and there does seem to be some support issues again recently.

Would you be kind enough to confirm which AA plug-ins you are using and how you fit into the observations you make?
Old 12th September 2018
  #74
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Reel View Post
Your language is way over the top IMO.

I like the idea of Public Beta's. And AA now makes it very clear that things can go wrong in early releases. That is not a scam. Users are not compelled to dive in until full release and any bugs are fixed.

I use a lot of AA plug ins in my template and they NEVER cause any problems for me. I think I have raised about 2 or 3 tickets in the last 5 years and they have always got answered promptly. However, I appreciate that some users have had problems (although I think this tends to be system dependant) and there does seem to be some support issues again recently.

Would you be kind enough to confirm which AA plug-ins you are using and how you fit into the observations you make?
I think that the only thing over the top is the number of bugs and
inability of support to keep up.

The reasoning "I do not have any problems therefore
everyone who has problems does not count" is a huge fallacy and
annoys the people who have problems very badly.

Regarding which AA plugins I have:
- nebula with dozens of 3rd party libraries
- 11 aquas (10 paid) totalling ~25 plugins.

Which ones I am using:

- Pink2 eq (maybe 20% of mixes)
- White (very irregularly)

All the rest are collecting dust because
of horrid workflow (nebula), too sluggish guis (aquas),
and being cpu hogs (all of them), memory abusers (all of them).

Besides, I can get excellent results (which by the way I prefer
over AA) with plugins from other companies
(see my earlier post in this thread for concrete examples).

But, I am not counting them out, they may come up with great
stuff in the future. They need to get serious though.
Right now it is one excuse after the other.
Old 12th September 2018
  #75
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
Surely when a new product is coming up, there are some issues. In my experience I see that they resolve until about after 2-3 weeks the most, - always in their "pre-order" period. What is so bad? Why this hate for this technology from some people?

If for some reason I don't like something (after I've tried it), I simply ignore it and keep going with my favourites.

I don't understand and I don't accept any kind of negativism because it is always a loss of time. And negativism is feeding by negativism.
A bad sounding loop. A mess.
Obviously you do not mind being an unpaid beta tester.
This is fine. What is not fine is that you detest the people who mind
being unpaid beta testers and call them negative or whatnot.

The excuse that the bugs are only during release is not true.

AA plugins take years to get bugs fixed and still they are full of them.
New versions that are supposed to fix old bugs introduce new ones.

I am personally very disilusioned. For example, I own magenta.
New magenta comes out. I download, install, start using.

Boing, bugs are found and reported by users in the forums.

AA does not even bother to let you know that problems are discovered
you have to play sherlock holms.

I re-download, re-install, start using. Boing again, new bugs, new releases.
Version G fixes bug X but introduces bug Y which is fixed in version H
but breaks something else.

You know what? I do not have the time or tolerance for any more of this.

With AA I do 90% debugging, forum bug hunting, and re-installing
and 10% music. With other developers is the reverse.

If AA wishes to produce a fully debugged magenta in this example, I will
use it; until then, I am using a host of other amazing eqs from other
developers. The time that there were few alternatives is long past.
Old 13th September 2018
  #76
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
I don't find the notion that Acustica does analog better than most as conjecture as I have all the facts I need in my daily usage. Subjective, sure.
I knew it, facts are subjective!

Old 13th September 2018
  #77
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
I think that the only thing over the top is the number of bugs and
inability of support to keep up.

The reasoning "I do not have any problems therefore
everyone who has problems does not count" is a huge fallacy and
annoys the people who have problems very badly.

Regarding which AA plugins I have:
- nebula with dozens of 3rd party libraries
- 11 aquas (10 paid) totalling ~25 plugins.

Which ones I am using:

- Pink2 eq (maybe 20% of mixes)
- White (very irregularly)

All the rest are collecting dust because
of horrid workflow (nebula), too sluggish guis (aquas),
and being cpu hogs (all of them), memory abusers (all of them).

Besides, I can get excellent results (which by the way I prefer
over AA) with plugins from other companies
(see my earlier post in this thread for concrete examples).

But, I am not counting them out, they may come up with great
stuff in the future. They need to get serious though.
Right now it is one excuse after the other.
You have selective reading. I said I appreciated some people have had problems and that AA's support is not what it should be at the moment. Their business has grown exponentially and it is the number of new customers rather than an increase in bugs that is causing the delays. They do need to recruit more support staff.

I'm on an iMac and Logic Pro X and it's rock steady. I have a dozen or more Acqua's, N3 and N4 Player - no issues. What is your system/DAW?

Yes, you have a lot of Acqua's. Begs the question why? If you are so disenchanted and don't like the work flow why bother? Just sell them on. The process is simple. At least you'd spend more time making music rather than continually moaning here on Gearslutz.
Old 14th September 2018
  #78
Lives for gear
 
moon_unit's Avatar
 

You know, the beautiful thing about having fully-functioning demos ....

.... is you get to try them out.

And if they have a bunch of bugs, you don't have to buy them.

It's really amazing how all that works.
Old 14th September 2018
  #79
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Reel View Post
Yes, you have a lot of Acqua's. Begs the question why? If you are so disenchanted and don't like the work flow why bother? Just sell them on. The process is simple. At least you'd spend more time making music rather than continually moaning here on Gearslutz.
Any other instructions for me partner? What to eat, drink and how to
spend my time maybe? Please let me know...
Old 14th September 2018
  #80
Gear Maniac
 
ilalin's Avatar
I think I'm in luv with Pro5
Old 14th September 2018
  #81
Lives for gear
 
filterfreak's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilalin View Post
...really worth the hassle regarding CPU issues, authorizations, problems with latency?

Does anybody who has been dealing with these guys has seen an improvement with these issues during the years?

To me it seems like typical Italian business. Beautiful on the outside and problems after problems on the inside.
audiophile? then yes. no audiophile: no!
Old 14th September 2018
  #82
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilalin View Post
I think I'm in luv with Pro5
I think I'm smelling smart a**e click bait.
Old 14th September 2018
  #83
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
Any other instructions for me partner? What to eat, drink and how to
spend my time maybe? Please let me know...
Ha, ha. Not at all partner

With respect, it just seems to me that some of your problems could be of your own making; ending up with ten or so Acqua's that you don't appear to be happy with. AND YET you had a 30-day trial to test them out in your System/DAW and you have the option to sell them on if you are still not happy. Not many other developers offer that! But you still want to lambast AA. Makes no sense to me, sorry.
Old 14th September 2018
  #84
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Reel View Post
I think I'm smelling smart a**e click bait.
Yeah. That confirms it.
Old 14th September 2018
  #85
Gear Maniac
 
ilalin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Yeah. That confirms it.
Yeah, that guy Retro Reel is definitely "retro".

Anyways, I did try some of the Acqua's myself and did not have a sense of superiority compared to algos. Quite the contrary...
Old 14th September 2018
  #86
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Reel View Post
Ha, ha. Not at all partner

With respect, it just seems to me that some of your problems could be of your own making; ending up with ten or so Acqua's that you don't appear to be happy with. AND YET you had a 30-day trial to test them out in your System/DAW and you have the option to sell them on if you are still not happy. Not many other developers offer that! But you still want to lambast AA. Makes no sense to me, sorry.
Ok since you seem genuinely perplexed and ask again, I will explain:

first AA did have a huge advantage back in the day mostly in eqs.
Not any more (imo, for me, I may be wrong, if others feel differently, fine).

Second a lot of AA fans, myself included, were buying into the "they are improving,
one day soon all the problems will be gone". I (and others) gave
them the benefit of the doubt. In a big way. AA did not fix its numerous
problems. It is improving but in my opinion at a slower pace than
the whole plugin market. I am no longer a believer that AA "soon"
will be competitive IF they continue the same attitude/approach to
things like inefficiency, bugs, support, release speed, sketchy quality control.
I hope that they will change course radically.

Finally: you say they offer demos, discounts, ability to sell the
plugins. Until as recently as 1-2 years back NONE of the above existed.
Do you have any idea of how much effort and online
complaining it took for AA to concede to do that? If such improvements exist
it is because some fans who are not drinking just AA coolaid,
made it clear to AA that it is unacceptable to have no demos,
to not offer loyalty/volume/early release discounts or just reasonable
pricing, and to not allow resale.

A few specific example facts (not opinions):
1. AA had blocked resales for 1.5 years claiming paypal problems
(BTW this tactic is illegal in the EU and ended up abandoned).
2. AA stated pricing policy was 3% of the hardware price. Eg if a SH compressor
costs 10 grand, the plugin was priced at 300 euros. This has stopped.
3. There were no demos. The excuse was that it would expose to piracy.
People were expected to buy sight unseen and without a guaranteed
return policy either.

So complaining which led to the above improvemenst
does have positive effects as long as it involves many
customers and is fair, rational and justified.
I try hard to make sure that my share of complaining is in that category.
Old 14th September 2018
  #87
Gear Addict
Consync:-
A honest and truthful answer consync, thanks.

They have implemented GDPR before anyone else and refusing to give discount,( sorry, "gift"), if you don't accept their write-up of it, even though EU has delayed its implementation. AA are going to be the standard bearers for some reason????

I'd say 70% of requests over the last 2-3 yrs.were fruitless, some bad.
I've just had my last dealings with them, it's just too exhausting. I suppose that's what they want. Sorry, wrong finger. !
Old 14th September 2018
  #88
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilalin View Post
Yeah, that guy Retro Reel is definitely "retro".

Anyways, I did try some of the Acqua's myself and did not have a sense of superiority compared to algos. Quite the contrary...
Sorry about the hearing problem!
Old 14th September 2018
  #89
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
Ok since you seem genuinely perplexed and ask again, I will explain:

first AA did have a huge advantage back in the day mostly in eqs.
Not any more (imo, for me, I may be wrong, if others feel differently, fine).

Second a lot of AA fans, myself included, were buying into the "they are improving,
one day soon all the problems will be gone". I (and others) gave
them the benefit of the doubt. In a big way. AA did not fix its numerous
problems. It is improving but in my opinion at a slower pace than
the whole plugin market. I am no longer a believer that AA "soon"
will be competitive IF they continue the same attitude/approach to
things like inefficiency, bugs, support, release speed, sketchy quality control.
I hope that they will change course radically.

Finally: you say they offer demos, discounts, ability to sell the
plugins. Until as recently as 1-2 years back NONE of the above existed.
Do you have any idea of how much effort and online
complaining it took for AA to concede to do that? If such improvements exist
it is because some fans who are not drinking just AA coolaid,
made it clear to AA that it is unacceptable to have no demos,
to not offer loyalty/volume/early release discounts or just reasonable
pricing, and to not allow resale.

A few specific example facts (not opinions):
1. AA had blocked resales for 1.5 years claiming paypal problems
(BTW this tactic is illegal in the EU and ended up abandoned).
2. AA stated pricing policy was 3% of the hardware price. Eg if a SH compressor
costs 10 grand, the plugin was priced at 300 euros. This has stopped.
3. There were no demos. The excuse was that it would expose to piracy.
People were expected to buy sight unseen and without a guaranteed
return policy either.

So complaining which led to the above improvemenst
does have positive effects as long as it involves many
customers and is fair, rational and justified.
I try hard to make sure that my share of complaining is in that category.
Yes, I have been there from the beginning with AA Nebula and Acqua too.

I recognise the various problems we went through with lack of trials, price % and resale. And I accept that your 'complaining' (amongst others) probably had an impact on pushing AA forward in some way.

However, I never felt the need to complain, as AA had sound quality potential above all for me from early on (not at a UAD level in those days, but......).

It's always been my view that it was system/user errors that lie at the bottom of most AA rants. People like to think they are computer experts, but they're not, sorry.

Your current views on the position with AA Acqua and Nebula 4 quality (support not withstanding) is dramatically different from mine and I sense from a lot of other users too. IMO the current performance of recent Acqua and Nebula 4 releases is significantly beyond algo plugins. That is subjective of course, but with my set of ears my mixes are a step above what I can achieve with similar UAD, Waves and Slate algo's (and believe me I have a load of them). That's not to say they don't have their place; I love UAD Oxide Tape (not convinced AA will compete with their Tape plug-in here), Slate FG401, Fabfilter MB etc.....

Just my opinion.
Old 14th September 2018
  #90
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Reel View Post
IMO the current performance of recent Acqua and Nebula 4 releases is significantly beyond algo plugins. That is subjective of course, but with my set of ears my mixes are a step above what I can achieve with similar UAD, Waves and Slate algo's (and believe me I have a load of them). That's not to say they don't have their place; I love UAD Oxide Tape (not convinced AA will compete with their Tape plug-in here), Slate FG401, Fabfilter MB etc.....

Just my opinion.
aside from our little back and forth here,
I respect your opinion regarding sound quality, and I recognise that
my assessment of sound quality as different as it is from yours and others',
may be entirely subjective.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump