The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Better option than Acer Nitro 5 w/32 GB Ram
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Better option than Acer Nitro 5 w/32 GB Ram

Hey guys,

My MacBook with 8 gb ram just isn't cutting it anymore so I am in the market for a new machine. I need a laptop since I am on the go, but also prefer it for the main workhorse in the studio as well. Looking at the Acer Nitro 5 with 32 gb Ram and 3.5 ghz i7 for 1099, is there a laptop that can beat it? Any thoughts on the nitro would be appreciated, looking on a budget so no another MacBook won't cut it since they are atrocious in performance for the price.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

After some research, I have found the lenovo y700 17.3 inch with 32 gb, all metal chassis......anybody gig with a 17.3? my MacBook weighs like 3.5 pounds and im worried for my back lugging around a 7.7 lb beast.....17.3 would be nice for on the go arrangement views in ableton though....
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I'm a big guy who hated lugging a 17"
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Big fan of Acer here FWIW. Been using Aspire's since about '04. Reliable, long-lasting. You can't go wrong.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search