The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AIR's Hybrid 3 soft synth -for a buck Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 11th August 2018
Lives for gear

AIR's Hybrid 3 soft synth -for a buck

AIR Music Technology Hybrid 3

I've sent them a msg to confirm this isn't some trial version, seems suspicious/misleading - if the full version (which I doubt, but it says "99% off" and who the hell pays $129 for a trial version of anything?), last thing I probably need is another synth but for a buck, wth, I'll give a try. Anyone used?
Old 11th August 2018
Lives for gear

bought it for 1$ like 6 months ago. it IS really useful and covers a lot of situations!
Old 11th August 2018
Lives for gear
bought and using. Really impressed. For $1, what have you got to lose aside from some HD space?
Old 11th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
bought it for 1$ like 6 months ago. it IS really useful and covers a lot of situations!
Same deal/place? So it's the full version? Mind you even if "trial" means it's somewhat limited I might get, I just don't want "trial" as in expires after awhile, or only get so many uses.
Old 11th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 View Post
bought and using. Really impressed. For $1, what have you got to lose aside from some HD space?
If it's some trial version, a buck. Hey a buck's a buck!
Old 11th August 2018
Lives for gear
Well, you'd better save your $ then
Old 11th August 2018
Hi. I got this about 6 months ago for a $ as well. It's not a trial of any sorts. It's the full version. I have also gotten AIR Vacuum Pro at the same price (IIRC).
Great synths.
All the best.
Old 11th August 2018
Lives for gear

Nice synths!
Good overall sound and very good FX onboard. What is really nice is 4 easily assignable metacontrols for complex sound manipulation just grabbing a knob.
Old 11th August 2018
Lives for gear

I paid a lot of money ten years ago for some of AIRs instruments when they were PT only. A couple years back I think I paid like $50 for AIRs entire Library during a winter sale. They have also had that instrument on sale for $1 several times before. It’s good. Doesn’t sound as good as modern soft synths but has a huge library of presets that are fun to preview. I’ve tweaked a couple and use them now and again. Go for it.
Old 12th August 2018
Lives for gear

Never mind; I just found out they use the freaking "iLok" crap - I'd rather eat dirt than use any plugin that mandates that royal PITA stuff. Not worth it even if free.
Old 12th August 2018
Gear Head

It's the full version, not a trial.

And since it is a full product, you can update to the full suite called AIEP3 Complete based on this $1 product, which includes all their other instruments and expansion packs for $75 at Plugin Boutique.
Old 12th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Never mind; I just found out they use the freaking "iLok" crap - I'd rather eat dirt than use any plugin that mandates that royal PITA stuff. Not worth it even if free.
Well, i had to have that ilok license manager (no dongle!!) just because Soundtoys use it, and i need Microshift in my job, a lot of it...

But that ilok without dongle is not worse that NI or PluginAlliance registration!
Old 13th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Thanks for mentioning this.
I just purchased this for $1.
Man, the sounds it has are amazing.
Old 13th August 2018
Gear Nut

They've had Hybrid 3, Xpand 2 and Vaccum on sale for a buck before. I wonder what their endgame is. Maybe it's for brand awareness and to get people to shell out for the complete AIR bundle. I dunno.
Old 13th August 2018
Lives for gear

I'd say that plus just get it in people's hands and hope word of mouth does its thing. PS they did write back and confirm it's the full version. Thx for those who chimed in with info!
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

I just picked this up, I find that it sounds really good.
Old 1st October 2018
Here for the gear
I purchased this a couple of months ago and haven't tried it yet. The vacuum pro for a $1 is phenominal! it's super fat, and mega flexible for a VA synth. AIR makes good stuff.
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero View Post
I purchased this a couple of months ago and haven't tried it yet. The vacuum pro for a $1 is phenominal! it's super fat, and mega flexible for a VA synth. AIR makes good stuff.
Agreed vacuum pro is excellent, very fat and vibey sounding, another good dollar spent today!
Old 2nd October 2018
I picked up Hybrid 3 for a buck and 5 preset packs for it for $5, and received Ozone Elements for free. Awesome deal.
Hybrid is great, I'm really digging it.
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Hybrid3/VacuumPro/Ozone Elements for a few bucks is such a great deal

I told my friend about it and he wasn't even interested LOL "I've already got plugins I've never used"

I understand, but these are "good ones"

I guess we're all at different places most of the time
Old 3rd October 2018
Lives for gear

if you can afford it and you've bought the vacuum there offering a upgrade for £10 you can get the vacuum classic which is a brilliant mono synth.i own the air tech 3 bundle and its only £59 for everything including structure/strike/the riser..etc superb value for money.
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
if you can afford it and you've bought the vacuum there offering a upgrade for £10 you can get the vacuum classic which is a brilliant mono synth.i own the air tech 3 bundle and its only £59 for everything including structure/strike/the riser..etc superb value for money.
+1

Air tech 3 bundle. Excellent stuff. Essential even. Highly recommended.
And for that kind of money... no brainer.
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
Hybrid3/VacuumPro/Ozone Elements for a few bucks is such a great deal

I told my friend about it and he wasn't even interested LOL "I've already got plugins I've never used"

I understand, but these are "good ones"

I guess we're all at different places most of the time
He probably has plenty of "good ones" too. I get the "no mas" viewpoint; after being a VST ho for awhile now I'm getting similar. If you have things that you like and work well, there's rarely any point in chasing more.
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear

Also, and it's a pretty big also for a Mac user, AiR finally did offer a new release for Structure the Sampler. It did not work previously on Sierra / HS. It's useful and comes with 40G or so of content, and it really comes in handy when producing in the likes of Live if you also do not use Kontakt.

Its somewhat duplicative with Logic's EXS24 if you have other Libraries. I suppose it could be with Ableton Live's Sampler, though there do not seem to be as big a spread of instruments for either Sampler or Simpler. Several velocity layers is important, and Structure's patches generally have a few. Using it as an actual sampler, however, is kind of a nightmare, so in my case it is more like a Rompler. One that has lots of classical patches plus bass, guitar, etc.
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear

Oh darn, the $75 expansion pack upgrade seems to have gone back to $150.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search