The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
August 2018 IK Multimedia T-RackS Group Buy Dynamics Plugins
Old 2nd August 2018
Lives for gear

August 2018 IK Multimedia T-RackS Group Buy

August 2018 IK Multimedia T-RackS Group Buy

IK Multimedia - T-RackS Group Buy - Get 4 plug-ins for the price of 1!

Seems like a pretty good deal, but I have some troubles seeing what plugs would be worthwhile, since I already have a pretty good "arsenal" and I find that the T-RackS plugs are quite expensive at about €130 a piece. I've bought great plug-ins for less than < €50 (TB Barricade, TDR stuff, Eventide Ultrastuff, Klanghelm stuff, McDSP 6050, some Waves even).

I've also sold many expensive plug-ins that I used to have, like iZotope's because I didn't find that they offered anything significant over the ones that I now have.

I do have the Black76, which I got in the Computer Music promo. It's an okay compressor, but I'd never pay the full price for it.

So just wondering, whether there's anything worthwhile from IK, to buy into the promo. Or whether this promo is because they may have realized that their plug-ins may not be able to compete anymore?

Last edited by soundmodel; 2nd August 2018 at 05:43 PM..
Old 2nd August 2018
Lives for gear

I bought in to the last group buy they did (way back in 2014) when it was 5-for-1. I ended up with EQ432, EQPG, Precision Limiter, Tape Echo and EQ81). I think with the combination of jampoints and the very favourable credit/£ ratio back then, I ended up paying about £60 for all of that, so £12 a plugin. At that time, I thought that was a cracking deal and I was very pleased.

A few things put me off the latest group buy:
  • The credit/£ ratio is about 1:1 now, whereas it was 1.5:1 back then.
  • There aren't really many plugins I would want from IK now (maybe two at the most)
  • You're right, they are horrendously overpriced now (a Vari-mu compressor for €150 inc VAT, a saturator for €96 inc VAT???).

I bought the Mic Room from JRR recently for $20 (€17) and I'm very pleased but would never pay the €84 they are asking for it full price. Yes, the IK stuff is good quality for sure but I would never commit to a group buy like this until it had already hit the 5 for 1 level. There's just too much choice out there these days as good as IK for considerably less than IK's retail prices.
Old 16th August 2018
Here for the gear

The group buy is already at buy 1 get 2 free and heading towards buy one get 3 free.
I'm in, already got the T-racks 5 bundle, but now I added the Leslie, Precision Limiter/Compressor and British Channel
I think that people who don't have Lurssen, One, EQ 73, Stealth limiter or master EQ432 are in for a treat, great new generation of plugins.
Old 16th August 2018
Gear Guru

I did the group buy a few years ago. Of the 5 I got, I use the de-esser and the Pultec most. I also got the Sontec, and the 1176, and maybe one other, or maybe it was 4 for one.
Old 26th August 2018
Here for the gear

I know someone who is offering these at a great price, which makes the BOGO really worth it.
Old 27th August 2018
I always stock up on T-Racks plugins when they have these Group Buys. Have got most of them and really like their collection!
Just picked up Leslie and 3 free (Dyna-Mu, Stealth, and Meter). Should be 4 free soon so might get Master Match, EQual or One.
Old 28th August 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikHz View Post
I always stock up on T-Racks plugins when they have these Group Buys. Have got most of them and really like their collection!
Just picked up Leslie and 3 free (Dyna-Mu, Stealth, and Meter). Should be 4 free soon so might get Master Match, EQual or One.
they already reached 5 plugins for the price of 1, so you should check your account and choose another plugin, and if 31 more people will join in the coming 3 days, they will reach 6 plugins for the price of one. so I'm planning on eq-pb. (got every thing else I wanted so far)
Old 28th August 2018
Lives for gear
I did the last Group buy and found tat I only use 2 of the Plugs. I was most disappointed with the SSL channel. It is very soft sounding- as a side effect I reach for it for snares that are to Pointy! I stop messing with IK when there was no low cost upgrade path for Sampletank 2 users, along with general price increase across there line up. HOWEVER, I have to say some of there new Plug ins are Top Shelf against anything. The Vari MU, EQual are as good as any Comp and EQ simulation of there Type. The EQual in particular is an outstanding Clean EQ for leaving Time domain characteristics in tact!

I only came across this deal after deciding I owed it too myself to Demo Lurssen Mastering Console Vs. BX Masterdesk! Both are good products but I felt the Lurssen was much more capable of adding Character to a Mix where as the Masterdesk plugin is really Transparent. I have many transparent Mastering tools so I went for Lurssen!

When I purchased the Plug in I found out about the Group buy and only then decided to mess wit the Custom shop Crap just to demo these. I have to say it was worth it! With Jam points the Lurssen Mastering console was 130.00. Now it looks like I will additionally get Equal, Stealth Lim. ,Vari Mu, Mic room and One(Which sounds very close to Masterdesk) for that 130.00 and 2 of them are as good as anything out there in there Category. The Stealth Limiter does not get as loud as the competition but It's Tone is very expensive sounding. So for Tone top Notch for Loudness average.

The Value is just crazy for this Group Buy! That's why I had to Post. Don't pass this one up.

Jazztone
Old 30th August 2018
Gear Nut

I'm interested in the group buy, but demoed Lurssen yesterday and it's pretty hard on the CPU compared to bx_masterdesk. The One and Master Match are kind of interesting though.
Old 4th September 2018
Gear Nut

Looks like they just extended the group buy for the month of Sept. and added new tiers that could go all the way up to 9 free plugins. Interesting to see if it makes it that far.
Old 5th September 2018
Holy Crap! This is insane..
Old 6th September 2018
Lives for gear

I thought of this, but then I bought (1 hour ago...) Waves Platinum for 120€..
Old 6th September 2018
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

I have lots of their stuff from years ago + Stealth + Master Match (AWESOME)
Marked for later! I want in
Old 10th September 2018
Lives for gear

Wow, it's buy 1 get 6 free right now!
Old 13th September 2018
Lives for gear

I'm gonna pull the trigger before the extended group buy ends!
Old 13th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
I'm gonna pull the trigger before the extended group buy ends!
Better than waiting until it's over!

Trouble is, I already have quite a lot of their plugins from their last group buy, which wasn't as lucrative as this one has already turned out to be. Buy or not buy, that is the question.
Old 16th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Better than waiting until it's over!

Trouble is, I already have quite a lot of their plugins from their last group buy, which wasn't as lucrative as this one has already turned out to be. Buy or not buy, that is the question.
Bought!
Old 16th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
Bought!
Yeah, me too!
Old 17th September 2018
Lives for gear

Leslie
Stealth limiter
Full meter
Dyna-Mu
EQ PB
Master match
Mic room
Tape echo

Old 17th September 2018
Lives for gear

I got the metering as one of my 8 but I was disappointed to find it doesn’t show up in the Tracks 5 standalone app on my iMac. Am I correct in assuming that it only works as a plugin in a DAW?
Old 21st September 2018
Gear Nut

Going to get this one, already have 1176, looking mostly for "character" units, so my list is probably:

Dyna-Mu
EQ PB
EQ PG
EQ 81
Bus Compressor
British Channel
Precision Comp/Limiter
Model 670
EQP-1A
White 2A

But debating between 73/81, PA/PB, British Channel/White Channel, and whether I should get PG or something else.
Old 21st September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianblack8 View Post
But debating between 73/81, PA/PB, British Channel/White Channel, and whether I should get PG or something else.
You have a two week demo of each one available to you, plus you have 30 days from the end of September (plus the last week of September) to actually choose your plugins. Plenty of time for you to have a play and decide
Old 21st September 2018
Gear Nut

Yea, I actually demoed them today against things I already have (quite favorably), and ended up getting 9/10 items already (all except EQ PG on my list so far), will think about the last one for some time.
Old 21st September 2018
Lives for gear

10 For 1
Old 23rd September 2018
Lives for gear

I got the White Channel for my tenth freebie.
I was saddened to see that none of the knobs are available for midi controller assignments in Studio one. This seems a bit of an oversight and will make me less likely to use this over other better coded channel strips.
This happens with quite a few IK plugins.
Please take the time to program midi into your plugins IK!
Old 26th September 2018
Here for the gear

I succumbed. Bought Lurssen and started to choose my ten freebies. I downloaded three to see how they go and ---- Big problem.
They are crippled. I can't use them as individual modules like all my other ones that came with TR5. I have to first load the 'TR5 Suite' container and then load one of these new ones into that first. I can't just drag an EQ or Compressor straight over into my track like I can with the existing modules. I thought it was me, or Cakewalk by BandLab (Sonar Platinum) but I get the same nonsense in Studio One 3.

I uninstalled everything TR5 on my PC and reinstalled all fresh. No change.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
I got the White Channel for my tenth freebie.
I was saddened to see that none of the knobs are available for midi controller assignments in Studio one. This seems a bit of an oversight and will make me less likely to use this over other better coded channel strips.
This happens with quite a few IK plugins.
Please take the time to program midi into your plugins IK!
???

Every single knob on the White Channel (and every other IK plug I tried) is recognised by Control Link in Studio One.
Just move a control on the White Channel and at the top left of Studio One's main window you will see the Control Link field on the left reflect that control.
Now, move a control on a midi controller, and it will assign itself to that White Channel control.
You can make as many different maps as you have unique plugins, and Studio One will automatically switch between them depending on which plugin you have in focus (the field at top right of the plugin GUI will be yellow).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaduke8 View Post
I succumbed. Bought Lurssen and started to choose my ten freebies. I downloaded three to see how they go and ---- Big problem.
They are crippled. I can't use them as individual modules like all my other ones that came with TR5. I have to first load the 'TR5 Suite' container and then load one of these new ones into that first. I can't just drag an EQ or Compressor straight over into my track like I can with the existing modules. I thought it was me, or Cakewalk by BandLab (Sonar Platinum) but I get the same nonsense in Studio One 3.

I uninstalled everything TR5 on my PC and reinstalled all fresh. No change.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Nope.

You should be able to use them as normal, they're vst.
You don't need to load them into Suite.
Suite is useful if you want to store fx chains
You need to install the TR5 Custom Shop, that installs every plugin on your system.
When you start Custom Shop and you're connected to the internet, click 'Restore My Gear' and it will show you all your licenses, once you're logged into your account.
Those licensed plugs will all be available to use in your daw, and the unlicensed ones will be available as demos.

You can pare down the pluglist by removing the .dll and .vst3 files of those you don't need/want in your daw list if you want.
Old 26th September 2018
Here for the gear

SOLVED!

Under direction from IK Tech Support I uninstalled everything, removed all T-Rack 5 references from the Registry. Re-booted, reinstalled. Same problem. I thought that was going to crack it, but alas no.
Yes, I did the Restore Gear and all show up. The VST3 versions are obviously present as they can be loaded into the TR5 Suite: they just want to stay invisible as single modules, like all my previous ones.

Argh!

Last edited by Marmaduke8; 26th September 2018 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: Solved!
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Ok, so your normal vst .dll files are not where they should be.

Either that, or you haven't added the folder they're in to your Plug-in Locations list in Studio One.

Locate the .dll files on your system, then make sure that folder location is added to the list in Options in Studio One.

edit: Check to see if a Steinberg folder has been created in your Program Files folders.
Sometimes plugs will create and install to that folder by default.
My dll files are in C:>Program Files>VstPlugins.

Then restart Studio One.
Old 28th September 2018
Here for the gear

Hello everybody.

Yesterday I bought 1 plug-in T-Racks and chose another 9 plug-ins for the promotion. I am very glad :P . But I was surprised to find that resize is not available. Very unpleasant moment on my 4k monitor . If I had known about this earlier, I would not have bought a separate plug-in and I would have bought T-Racks 5 license. The most interesting is that nowhere is it said well, or I do not find it.

So if you're still going to buy a plug-in and get another 9 for the promotion, know the resize will not be available to you. Such a a little trouble...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search