The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Massive Latency After Installing Moog Subsequent 37 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 13th July 2018
Here for the gear

Massive Latency After Installing Moog Subsequent 37

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help.

I recently purchased a Subsequent 37 in the UK. I set it up, updated the firmware and installed the editor. The issue is that I now have extreme latency from ALL of my hardware synths. This remains even when the 37 USB cable is unplugged, meaning my system is now seriously compromised and unusable for music production.

I am running Logic X on a 3.1 GHz Core i7, with 8GB of RAM, on OSX 10.9.5.
I also have a Korg Minilogue, a Moog Minitaur, a Waldorf Blofeld and a Behringer Deepmind 6, all running MIDI over USB. All was working fine with no latency issues until I installed the Subsequent 37.

I have a Tascam US16x08 audio interface, which I know isn't the best, but it was working just fine before I installed the Subsequent 37... I don't think this is the issue.

Anyone have any ideas? Altering settings in Logic makes no difference...

Thanks!
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberknacker View Post
The issue is that I now have extreme latency from ALL of my hardware synths. This remains even when the 37 USB cable is unplugged, meaning my system is now seriously compromised and unusable for music production.
Sounds like Logic is using the Moogs Midi driver. See if it's possible to switch back to the Tascam Midi driver or whatever you were using before installing the Moog in Logic's preferences.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search