The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SPDIF from motherboard to AD/DA? Monitor Controllers
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Maniac

SPDIF from motherboard to AD/DA?

SPDIF from motherboard to AD/DA (UA 2192) ? or $700 soundcard needed?
2 channel mix rig only, no inputs needed in this particular setup.
Old 14th July 2018
It should work, however, you'll have to use something like ASIO4ALL (assuming you're on Windows) to get a decent performance, which may or may not be as good as a dedicated interface with good drivers.
Old 14th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
It should work, however, you'll have to use something like ASIO4ALL (assuming you're on Windows) to get a decent performance, which may or may not be as good as a dedicated interface with good drivers.
Actually on a hackintosh so I'll just have to see how it goes.. shame there aren't more 2 channel card options at reasonable prices.... thanx!!
Old 14th July 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgod1968 View Post
Actually on a hackintosh so I'll just have to see how it goes.. shame there aren't more 2 channel card options at reasonable prices.... thanx!!
On Hackintosh it should be even easier, if your system can see the digital output from the motherboard then you're good to go. Just select that output on the DAW and that's it, Core Audio takes care of the rest.

I'm on a similar setup, going from the motherboard's optical output to a TC BMC-2 DAC/monitor controller, which I use when my Babyface Pro is not around. I've mixed a few things with this setup and it was fine.
Old 14th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
On Hackintosh it should be even easier, if your system can see the digital output from the motherboard then you're good to go. Just select that output on the DAW and that's it, Core Audio takes care of the rest.

I'm on a similar setup, going from the motherboard's optical output to a TC BMC-2 DAC/monitor controller, which I use when my Babyface Pro is not around. I've mixed a few things with this setup and it was fine.

It isn't seeing it actually, maybe I have to go into BIOS and set that up??
Old 15th July 2018
Quote:
It isn't seeing it actually, maybe I have to go into BIOS and set that up??
It's unlikely that it would be disabled on BIOS, worth checking anyway just to be safe but I think you'll need some kext tweaks to make it work. Look into this thread, it should have what it takes to make your onboard digital audio work properly.
Old 15th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
It's unlikely that it would be disabled on BIOS, worth checking anyway just to be safe but I think you'll need some kext tweaks to make it work. Look into this thread, it should have what it takes to make your onboard digital audio work properly.

Ahh,yes... back to hackintosh hell.... ! lol!
Thanx!
Old 16th July 2018
Quote:
Ahh,yes... back to hackintosh hell.... ! lol!
Thanx!
Shouldn't be hard, probably just need to get the right kext on your EFI partition.

Best luck!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search